*** The OS X Lion Thread ***

Associate
Ive just purchased Lion and I wonder if anyone can help with an annoyance.

When I right click on any of my video players or document viewers it shows my last 10 opened files. Does anyone know how to switch this off? Thanks

Soldato
Ive just purchased Lion and I wonder if anyone can help with an annoyance.

When I right click on any of my video players or document viewers it shows my last 10 opened files. Does anyone know how to switch this off? Thanks

Take a look at my second screenshot above, you want to edit the 3 recent items settings above the green arrow.

Soldato
Ah yes, uniQ is right. Change the number of recent documents to 0, then you need to clear the menu which was making me think it didn't work.

Soldato
Anyone else's mac run a hell of a lot hotter since lion?

It's been a tad taxing to the point that my old MacBook Pro that i reflowed the solder on has given up the ghost again and won't boot anymore. Just hang on loading the OpenGL part of the OS on boot.

Will need to crack it open and take a heat gun to it again. :(

My "newer" late 2008 still runs hotter too.

Caporegime
Yep, and I have done. I can see it working with a touchpad, but not with a mouse. I've fixed iTunes and I'm working on the ntfs issue, without which parallels won't work and I'll be killed by my wife.

Soldato
Anyone else's mac run a hell of a lot hotter since lion?

It's been a tad taxing to the point that my old MacBook Pro that i reflowed the solder on has given up the ghost again and won't boot anymore. Just hang on loading the OpenGL part of the OS on boot.

Will need to crack it open and take a heat gun to it again. :(

My "newer" late 2008 still runs hotter too.

Yep just got it re-installed on my 09 mbp and its gotten much hotter :(

Have though fixed the FM problem (there's a patch on steam now) so now it all works! The improved spaces is really nice though, having apps in full screen with their own area is pretty nice

Permabanned
It sure is. I have to use Windows 7 for 8 hours a day and I really don't like it. Sure it is better than XP but it's no OS X.

I tried parallels but didn't like it so went to boot camp for Windows 7 so I have a duel setup at the moment.

I currently have a 30 day trial setup for Windows 7 but will require to purchase a licence once it's ran out but I will re-arm for a while.

Soldato
Having an absolute nightmare trying to clone my BootCamp partition from my old HDD after upgrading, mainly down to WinClone not being compatible with Lion.

All I want to be able to do is clone the partition from my USB HDD onto my newly-created BootCamp partition and boot up as if nothing happened :(

Back
Top Bottom