Car pulling to the left.

Soldato
Car in question. 2007, Vectra 1.8 petrol exclusiv.

Car pulls quite strong to the left on the motorway.
And slightly doing ~25mph+

Have 4 new tyres and all balenced and 4 wheel alignment done a few months back, but this just came on gradually.

Get a slight steering wheel vibration around 70/80mph aswell, but it goes away over 80mph.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

Associate
Have you hit any big pot holes / kerbs / speed bumps since you last had the alignment done? If so it might simply need doing again.

Alternatively it may be worth taking it for a quick 10 minute drive and having a quick feel of each of the disk brakes, if one of your left hand discs feels signifigcantly hotter than the right its possible you have a sticking caliper.

Soldato
Are the tires made by linglong and branded as "kwik-fit"? And if you stand them next to each other are they the same height?

I've seen an inch difference in diameter of budget tyres before!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Soldato
If it's gradual and you had a 4 wheel alignment done beforehand, it could be possible that one of the tie rod ends has loosened up?

I had a similar problem on a previous car and it was down to one of the tyres being meant for a van. The re-enforced wall caused more rolling resistance so made the car pull to one side.

Soldato
OP
Have you hit any big pot holes / kerbs / speed bumps since you last had the alignment done? If so it might simply need doing again.

Alternatively it may be worth taking it for a quick 10 minute drive and having a quick feel of each of the disk brakes, if one of your left hand discs feels signifigcantly hotter than the right its possible you have a sticking caliper.

I have not hit anything mate, done the brake test this morning there, went a long straight run and didnt use the brakes much, and they both were not that hot. :(
Are the tyred made by linglong and branded as "kwik-fit"? And if you stand them next to each other are they the same height?

I've seen an inch difference in diameter of budget tyres before!!!!!!!
There made my nexen? :o

You tried swapping them to the rear to see what happens?
I have with no change, really starting to bother me now.:rolleyes:

Anything else that could affect this or am i just going to have to live with it?

Thanks for the reply's

Back
Top Bottom