Best Android Satnav App

Soldato
I find the Google Maps to be fantastic. Only time I've had issues is when my GPS signal has gone weird, but in terms of downloading the routes etc, it has always been fine.

Best make sure you have an incar charger though, as it rapes the battery :D

Soldato
Google maps for occasional use (new pre-download feature is awesome), co-pilot for constant use. If you have a Samson galaxy S (gen 1) neither is going to be too much help as the GPS receiver is hopeless :)

Man of Honour
Google maps for occasional use (new pre-download feature is awesome), co-pilot for constant use. If you have a Samson galaxy S (gen 1) neither is going to be too much help as the GPS receiver is hopeless :)

This is probably going to sound a bit silly but why is there a limit of 10 10x10mile squares? Or to put it another way what benefit to the user is there to not being able to download a whole map of the UK? While certain routes may change or be temporarily blocked off, the largest portion of the data seems unlikely to vary much from one month or even year to another so being able to get all of it in one go makes a whole lot more sense to me.

Soldato
Google maps is totally useless - For free its ok for emergencies but no use as a sat nab solution. With maps fully installed it would still be behind co pilot and tom-tom for accuracy, features and refresh rate.

I would go for co-pilot as a full solution on android.

Bry

Bry

Associate
don't the new HTC sense phones that have htc sense 3.0 live come with tomtom?
Sure I remember reading about it somewhere

Caporegime
Google maps is totally useless - For free its ok for emergencies but no use as a sat nab solution. With maps fully installed it would still be behind co pilot and tom-tom for accuracy, features and refresh rate.

I would go for co-pilot as a full solution on android.

If you're going down the route of complaining about "types" of system...

Then all of the standalone systems are crap. I'll never buy a car that doesn't have it integrated.

Soldato
If you're going down the route of complaining about "types" of system...

Then all of the standalone systems are crap. I'll never buy a car that doesn't have it integrated.

I had a 2010 focus on loan for a few days not long ago, with the inbuilt nav. Utter *****. The screen can only be viewed when looking straight at it (admittedly it was very very sunny) which is no use when it's in the centre console. The directions were dubious and they were not relayed to you in good time.

On the plus side turns and roundabout exits were also shown on the dash between the dials and this is one feature which owns all over standalone units.

Associate
I have Sygic on my HTC Desire, seems to work pretty well, I like it a lot more than Google Maps which seems to take an age to get going.

It does the odd strange route, but then all the different mapping systems I have used do this from time to time.

Soldato
OP is not asking for iPhone Apps. By the way have you tried it?

Obviously i was referring to the Android version ;)

And unfortunately not, since my i5700 is stuck on 1.5 due to Samsung not considering at all the fact that some of their users might not use Windows. I've heard nothing overtly bad about it though, and with offline maps and the fact that it's free it can't hurt to try.

Back
Top Bottom