Samsung Flexi/Skin looks amazing!!!

Soldato
Ok, can someone post a real world use for this? I mean one that totally makes this a essential product?

I'm not seeing one.

Pretending your James Bond!

Honestly one of the most genuinely exciting technological advancements of the past ten years. Not because it does anything particularly better than anything before it (apart from er, bend), but just because the possible implementations (I'm thinking of a wrist band PDA/phone type thing) are so freaking cool. Cannot wait for this. Can't wait for a 360 degree wrap around screen for FPS games either.

Soldato
Instead of making folding batteries, why don't they try and make the batteries last longer.

The battery won't fold, it'll be in the lower section which doesn't bend along with the majority of the circuits and camera etc.

Ok, can someone post a real world use for this? I mean one that totally makes this a essential product?

I'm not seeing one.

Can anyone post a reason why an iPhone is an essential product rather than a Nokia 3310?

Lighter, smash/crack resistant (if not impossible?), bigger screen whilst not taking up more pocket space, versatile (positionable desk clock, watch etc).

There are few inventions nowadays that are "essential" to every day life. But they're certainly an improvement (and awesome).

Soldato
Those are all pie on the sky renders. They have shown a flexible screen, which is admittedly very cool, but that's nowhere near being a flexible phone that will hold the positions they show it being bent into there. I can't even see from those pics that the currently flexible screen only will do anything like the folds that they show there.
Flexible screens will probably have a role in the future, I'm just not sure it's in something that is so much like what we currently call a mobile phone.

Caporegime
Until one is invented that holds a specific shape when wanted then I don't really see a large commercial use for it.

When we have something that can be unfolded and "solidified" it will be brilliant. 3" solid screen that then folds out into a 6" screen and hardens in place for use as a tablet. If it's still floppy, like other things, it's useless... ;)

Soldato
The battery won't fold, it'll be in the lower section which doesn't bend along with the majority of the circuits and camera etc.

Ah ok that'd make more sense ;)

Tbh, I still don't see the point of it. Hopefully my opinion will change but highly unlikely

Back
Top Bottom