Currently looking at Paul Allen's (Microsoft) $200million+ yacht...

Soldato
I remember in my last job when we were doing the PM system for the Grand Bleu. That also belonged to Paul Allen, then it was flogged to Abramovich, which I think was the owner at the time of the work.

Some of the stuff that it had onboard was frigging amazing!

From what I remember, Abramovich got shot of it in the end because it wasn't the biggest.

Associate
It's amazing but not a big deal to billionaires. When you're worth $13.5 billion dollars, $200 million dollars isn't a huge amount, infact it's only 0.015% of their fortune!. Plus they're still earning hundreds of millions of dollars each year..along with interest..don't really blame them for buying super yachts! Life's too short :)

Wise Guy
Soldato
I wonder what kind of weapons the navy seals have? How does gun possession work in international waters?

Permabanned
Now I know why MS software/licneces cost so much to buy.

I still never get how they make something, charge a huge amount of money to use that product, become rich beyond any other humans wildest dream, then hit old age and say, I want to give it all away, why not make something affordable, where everyone can have access to for a fee that will bring in money for development and pay staff wages and give them comfortable life.

This philanthropy doesn't wash with me, oh look I am giving all my money away!

Caporegime
I wonder what kind of weapons the navy seals have? How does gun possession work in international waters?

Whoever has the biggest gun wins... ;)

Although that may head into international piracy laws...

On a serious note there aren't really any laws, problem is when you get into territorial waters it gets a bit more difficult but I think as long as the weapons are stored safely and aren't taken on shore it's ok. I remember a whle ago one of the round the worlders had a handgun stored on their boat ICE and just made sure it didn't leave it when they ended up back in Britain.

Personally I'd rather a largish private motor yacht than a few houses. as long as it's big enough you're not going to have any space issues and if you get bored of an area you can just steam to somewhere else. It would also have to have a couple of nice powerboats for a bit of fun and a reasonable pool (maybe even a tennis court). :D

Last edited:
Soldato
For those complaining about it being a huge waste of money. Why not think about all the jobs it has created. All the workers on board. All the construction it has taken. I bet he's created a few jobs being a rich greedy bugger ! Good luck to him.

Soldato
It's amazing but not a big deal to billionaires. When you're worth $13.5 billion dollars, $200 million dollars isn't a huge amount, infact it's only 0.015% of their fortune!. Plus they're still earning hundreds of millions of dollars each year..along with interest..don't really blame them for buying super yachts! Life's too short :)

UK billions or US billions? :p

Back
Top Bottom