Colours for my new website

Soldato
Basically, our current colours are black/white/red however i've told the boss, i associate these colours with danger/death etc

I've suggested white amongst some neutral colours like orange or something, any other ideas?

Permabanned
You associate those colours with death?

:/

How does OcUK's store page make you feel?

Shouldn't it be more important what the clients/customers think?

Permabanned
In no way.

It's not like it would represent an eternal abyss, or that Death himself when depicted wears a black coat, or that black always seems to feature in stories about death, the undead etc....

But hey :p

But so many things are black!

Also, ETC! :p "e.t.c" doesn't mean anything! :o

Soldato
As a rule, dark text on a light background is the way to go. but it depends on the site.

For serious opinions on web design I'd recommend posting in HG&P rather than GD.

Soldato
As a rule, dark text on a light background is the way to go. but it depends on the site.

Like this one? :p

Actually, i thought light (white, green or amber... good ol' P3 Phosphor ;) ) text on a black background is easier to read and see, hence why 'accessibility' high contrast themes always have black backgrounds. It would just be that since you learn to read from books it's a bit different, and a bit less 'natural' - in which case as you say, it depends on the site.

Of course, black on white uses less ink, but white on black uses less power.

Caporegime
Basically, our current colours are black/white/red however i've told the boss, i associate these colours with danger/death etc

I'm still laughing over this even though I read it 5 minutes ago. Hahaha!

I've suggested white amongst some neutral colours like orange or something, any other ideas?

WAT. Do you know what orange looks like?

How did your boss take these ... uh ... suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom