Lifeguarding CV

Soldato
Afternoon :)

I am going to apply for a lifeguarding job at a leisure centre in my area as I have just completed my NPLQ course.

I have to send the centre a CV, now this is where I am stuck. I have only ever written CV's for work experience in sound and IT, as I am only 16

I don't really know what I should include....? Obviously include about the course, previous swimming things (swam for team 2 years ago) and maybe other sports that I play?

Any more ideas guys?

cheers

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The normal things you put on a CV for any job will do I should imagine, apart from the qualifications and experience will need to be suited to that particular job.

Man of Honour
How much you love sitting on your arse in a boiling hot building shouting at little scrotes all summer :D
On a more serious note big up any customer service experience you have.

Soldato
The normal things you put on a CV for any job will do I should imagine, apart from the qualifications and experience will need to be suited to that particular job.

I think thats the problem, being 16 its hard to fill out a CV.

Just hype up your "experiences" from work experience, customer interaction, organisation, team work, responsibility etc

Soldato
OP
I think thats the problem, being 16 its hard to fill out a CV.

Just hype up your "experiences" from work experience, customer interaction, organisation, team work, responsibility etc

Yeh this is the problem :/ there just really isn't much I can put on it... :/ yeh I think i will just as you say 'hype up' the small amount of stuff I can :L

Tell them you've got your bronze swimming certificate and if necessary you can tread water for ten minutes whilst wearing your pyjamas :D

Made me lol. I could show them my 2m swimming badge :p

Associate
Do you have recent experience of anything related to the role you are going for? Have you perhaps coached, lifeguarded or helped out in a club?

I started out lifeguarding for a couple of clubs at 16, back in the days when a Bronze Medallion would suffice, and did some teaching too. Through that other opportunities came along and I had a few nice wee earners while I was still at school, but all of them came about from being involved in a club to start with.

If, however, you do not have anything else relevant, you should focus on any qualities you have that endear yourself to being employed by that place.

To be completely clear, is it a lifeguard or a leisure attendant you'd be applying for? A lifeguard is paid to stand around on poolside, whereas a leisure attendant's job may consist of poolside work, reception, cleaning and a whole host of other things. If that is the case, focus on any other experience you've gained doing similar tasks. Have you done any other summer work before you could mention?

A piece of general advice I recommend wholeheartedly - have someone else proof read your CV before sending it in. I recruited a few people recently and the first thing that made me discard a CV was poor spelling.

Finally - don't beat yourself up if you're unsuccessful. A bit of volunteer work here and there will put you in a great position next time something suitable comes along.

Back
Top Bottom