*** The Official HTC Desire (Bravo) Thread! ***

Soldato
new leedroid is out, sigh he now wants a 1gb ext3! so on that basis I need to find a new rom for me and the mrs as his rom quality has drastically gone down the *******.

is miui good? any experience? i hear storys of epic battery drain in the new version??

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah the video on Oxygen is 720p @ 25 fps so i'm happy. Basically needed it as I cba to lug a separate camera around with me when I go out. Cheers bulb! :D

Gingerbread Oxygen has never had HD recording.

Quote from AdamG "Where did 720P recording go? Google didn't enable it on the N1 update, so given that Oxygen is kept as hack-free as possible it's not here either. Video quality is still great and suits playback on the Desire perfectly"

Associate
Hi all, don't know if you've seen my thread about loosing SMS on my desire. This has led to wondering how easy it was to get Gingerbread on to a Virgin Mobile branded phone and if it works.

Soldato
hmm tried miui had some nice touches but felt it wouldnt be something i could bond with - mainly bc i miss the app draw :(
back to leedroid it is then

Theres some bits i really like about miui, its very pretty and i found it really smooth, i know what you mean about the app draw, but you get used to it after a bit, the biggest thing i couldnt figure out was how to get the vibrate on touch using the keypad in texts and emails, i had it highlighted but simply didnt work....

im actually finding the new "official" 2.3 sense roms very sluggish in comparison to the eariler ones, might go back to insertcoin v51 that worked brilliantly on mine.

Soldato
Gingerbread Oxygen has never had HD recording.

Quote from AdamG "Where did 720P recording go? Google didn't enable it on the N1 update, so given that Oxygen is kept as hack-free as possible it's not here either. Video quality is still great and suits playback on the Desire perfectly"

Sorry you're right, it is infact 720 x 480. Cocked up when I clicked properties, saw 720 and assumed. :(

Any other ROM's that are light weight without all the added garbage dev's put on, with 720p recording?

Soldato
Ok I want to change the partition table to have more room for apps. I'm running CM7 with Clockwork Recovery. What is the best way to do it? Is there a way to keep my ROM as it is without having to reflash and start again? Cheers.

Soldato
So do the decent thing and tell us poor suckers how :)

* Make a NAND backup from recovery
* Download this nicely prepared folder I've uploaded to Dropbox: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16702040/fastboot+adb.zip
* Extract the above folder
* Download the HBOOT img you want from www.alpharev.nl and copy it to the folder you extracted above
* Boot into fastboot on your phone (hold back button when powering on although if you have CM7 installed already you can choose from the reboot menu)
* With phone connected to USB, open a command prompt and move to the extracted folder above and type:

Code:
fastboot flash hboot <name of hboot image>
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot erase cache
* Then boot into recovery and wipe everything
* Then restore nand backup / flash new ROM
* Reboot, enjoy

If you have any problems then you may not have the correct drivers installed on your PC. I had HTC Sync installed which I'm told has the correct drivers for this process installed. I used Windows 7 Pro 64bit to complete this process.

Soldato
And if anyone wants to change the splash screen (first boot screen) from the Alpharev one (The Joker) then

* Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16702040/fastboot+adb.zip
* Download a splash screen of your choice (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=794759) - You need a .IMG version to do this process. If you have your own image you want to use then the process of converting JPG, GIF, BMP etc to IMG is on XDA
* Extract the zip to a folder and copy your IMG file to the same folder
* Boot your phone to the fastboot menu, connect USB
* Open a command prompt
* Navigate to the folder
* Type:

Code:
fastboot flash splash1 <name of splash .img file>
fastboot reboot

Tada!

Back
Top Bottom