• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD A8 Disappointment?

Soldato
Trinity should be a lot better (Bulldozer core and about twice as many IGP shaders) but these are still great in HTPCs, office PCs or general-use PCs with light gaming.

Mul

Mul

Associate
So long as we see more tesco value motherboards for the FM1 socket, then AMD A8 is a winner. There is little to complain about an A8-3850 and a motherboard for around £150-160 say. Particularly in the context of a compact desktop or infact a budget laptop.

What I don't understand is the £90+ motherboards out there. I would not be able to sleep at night if I bought a FM1 motherboard that costs as much as Bulldozer ready AM3+ boards.

Associate
aye, i agree theyre marketing is a little off pitting it against higher cpu's but it looks mainly like the mobo manufacturers who seemed to have gone mad making epic boards for it which dont fit the market.

Soldato
The 65W TDP Llano CPUs are starting to appear.

It seems there is also a Llano triple core too:

http://www.fudzilla.com/processors/item/23726-new-llanos-listed-in-europe

The A6-3500 triple core seems to be around £75 to £80(2.1GHZ nominal speed with 2.4GHZ Turbo),the A6-3600 seems to be around £90 to £100(2.1GHZ nominal speed with 2.4GHZ Turbo) and the A8-3800 seems ato be around £94 to £101(2.6GHZ nominal speed with 2.9GHZ Turbo).

Back
Top Bottom