Remember when the Royal Mail delivered before 9am?

Soldato
Its not exactly possible when most posties actually arrive on their round at about 8-9am... some people will be at the start of the round, and others will be at the end. Therefore some people get the Mail at 8-9am, others get it around 2-3pm at the end of the round.

Soldato
A lot of people dont realise that they actually get mail that they wouldnt previously have gotten until the following day. Yeah it might come after 9am, but the fact is, if the postie had left at 5am certain letters wouldnt have been through the system by that time.

There used to be an early and late post. Now its one full one which covers both and makes better business sense.

Associate
well we have a new postman/woman every 3 months it seems, sometimes they deilver before 9am, others as late as 1pm, so ide probably say its down to the posty :)

Caporegime
A lot of people dont realise that they actually get mail that they wouldnt previously have gotten until the following day. Yeah it might come after 9am, but the fact is, if the postie had left at 5am certain letters wouldnt have been through the system by that time.

There used to be an early and late post. Now its one full one which covers both and makes better business sense.

I dispute this for two reasons. Firstly I've worked in a Royal Mail sorting office (in the run-up to Christmas) and we were always very good at getting first class mail out by the cut off date - second class was a different matter. Secondly I swear that these days I only ever get post every other day.

Soldato
I dispute this for two reasons. Firstly I've worked in a Royal Mail sorting office (in the run-up to Christmas) and we were always very good at getting first class mail out by the cut off date - second class was a different matter. Secondly I swear that these days I only ever get post every other day.

Well I worked as a Postman for about 8 months and I also worked in the Sorting office in Gateshead in the run up to Christmas as overtime and I am just going from a lot of what was said at the time. As for getting post every other day, thats probably not the case, it just might feel that way.

Soldato
Are you all complaining about it arriving in the afternoon?

Someone has to get it late! They can't deliever all the mail first thing in the morning.

Soldato
But they used to. Stop hiring lazy walkers royal mail. My postman walks like 5 meters every minute.

Ours used to as well, until more routes were added onto his route and therefore it took him longer.

The roue my post is on is around 50-60 mile a lone.

Back
Top Bottom