How many will messi score this season?

Don
I just don't think Messi would be as succesful over here, he hasn't got the physical strength and height that Ronaldo has.

The good thing about Messi he does have strength and ridiculous balance hence why he's such a good dribbler. Watch him more and you will see he's always shoulder to shoulder with his opposition when dribbling and always gets past them.

Soldato
I'm saying about 50 goals about about 25 assists.

I'd love to see Messi in England though and think he'd do a better job than Ronaldo did. If he wants to prove that he's the best player in the world then he needs to prove it and leave Spain.

At the moment I think he's just the best player in the world because he's playing for the best team in the world.

Don
I'm saying about 50 goals about about 25 assists.

I'd love to see Messi in England though and think he'd do a better job than Ronaldo did. If he wants to prove that he's the best player in the world then he needs to prove it and leave Spain.

At the moment I think he's just the best player in the world because he's playing for the best team in the world.

But then Barce would be nothing without Messi.

daz

daz

Soldato
Don't be silly now.

Why do you say that? Whilst only a friendly, the Man Utd v Barcelona match in pre-season was an interesting highlight of how well Messi links so many of their attacks together, even if he's not on the end of them. Without him in that game, they looked a little disjointed.

Soldato
Why do you say that? Whilst only a friendly, the Man Utd v Barcelona match in pre-season was an interesting highlight of how well Messi links so many of their attacks together, even if he's not on the end of them. Without him in that game, they looked a little disjointed.

I think if they knew they were going to have a prolonged period without him, they would be able to make it work. They have lots of top class players in the team, I think even without Messi, they would be in the top 2/3 teams.

It would need a little work, that's all. Let's not forget they have people like Pedro, Iniesta, Xavi, Villa, Fabregas :)(). They are certainly not a 1 man team.

Soldato
Spain is basically Barcelona minus Messi, right? They seem to do pretty well for themselves. ;)

Barca wouldn't be "nothing" without Messi. They'd be weakened, sure, but not to the point of uselessness.

Valdes-Alves-Puyol-Pique-Maxwell-Busquets-Xavi-Iniesta-Pedro-Villa-Sanchez is still a pretty damned tasty team.

Soldato
And that makes them nothing?

Manchester United didn't become "nothing" after Ronaldo left, despite all the goals he scored for them in his last season(s). I'm pretty sure Barca would still be a good team without Messi, even if they wouldn't be as good as they once were.

Don
And that makes them nothing?

Manchester United didn't become "nothing" after Ronaldo left, despite all the goals he scored for them in his last season(s). I'm pretty sure Barca would still be a good team without Messi, even if they wouldn't be as good as they once were.

Yep, you took my comment with it's full exaggeration. I think Messi is Barce though, if he left I don't think they'd win the league or CL.

He however could go to Man U and win them the CL (I don't mean single handedly) but that is the magnitude of how good, big player he is.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
If he was in the Premiership he would score around 15 goals I reckon. He would be able to compete with the physical teams like your Stoke's and Bolton's.

Have you seen how much he gets kicked about in Spain? They might not have as good defenders but they arn't half dirty a lot of the time. He gets kicks to the shins all the time, and very rarely falls around on the floor, search messi never dives or messi never goes down on youtube aha.

He didn't look 100% fit in the Supercopa, much like the whole of Barca, the strike will do them well!

Caporegime
Have you seen how much he gets kicked about in Spain? They might not have as good defenders but they arn't half dirty a lot of the time. He gets kicks to the shins all the time, and very rarely falls around on the floor, search messi never dives or messi never goes down on youtube aha.

He didn't look 100% fit in the Supercopa, much like the whole of Barca, the strike will do them well!

He got kicked around quite badly last night but one thing about Messi is that he hardly ever goes down...hes just too quick and pinpoint with his passes and thats how he beats defences...he would be monstrous here if he ever did play in the EPL.

Permabanned
He got kicked around quite badly last night but one thing about Messi is that he hardly ever goes down...hes just too quick and pinpoint with his passes and thats how he beats defences...he would be monstrous here if he ever did play in the EPL.

Not quite true.

He waits till he's in the box, then tries all the diving.

However, he stays on his feet the most out of the Barca players, thats for sure.

Associate
If he wants to prove that he's the best player in the world then he needs to prove it and leave Spain.

He is unquestionably the best player in the world. That some people actually think he needs to come to the EPL to prove it is misguided at best, pathetically jingoistic at worst.

Soldato
great player if he could perform like that at International level
win world cups with Argentina imho he'd be THE BEST player of all time.

I'd say he'll score 50-70 goals this season

Soldato
OP
Not quite true.

He waits till he's in the box, then tries all the diving.

However, he stays on his feet the most out of the Barca players, thats for sure.

Bringing your hate from the other thread i see:o

Messi in the epl would make a fool out of 90% of defences. Some mention 'stoke on cold monday night', do people not realize that its cold and wet in winter there too.

Back
Top Bottom