• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** WHAT COST £999 +VAT? ASUS MARS 580 X2!! **

Permabanned
Tempted to buy one, thrash it for a week, then return it under DSR regulations. :p

I joke. Knowing my luck I'd bugger it up :D

Caporegime
No, I believe its a 590 engineered correctly. The 580 chips on this beast are not restricted and forced to run slower than 570 SLI like Nvidia's attempt in some situations.

Yes and now, this isn't like the 590gtx has less shaders, Nvidia just cheaped out on VRM's. The difference between a 590gtx at sub 570gtx clocks and over 580gtx clocks, are the vrm's and thats it.

So you're talking about a bog standard 590gtx with, and I'm being generous, £50 of better VRM's on it and a better heatsink.

Considering the timing, at least if you bought one right after the 580gtx launch you'd have the fastest card available for over a year, if you buy it now, it will be, 1-2 months max then be suddenly worth £300 second hand.

Associate
OcUK. I think you should build the most badass system, with 3 of these in SLI, the EVGA Classified SR2 with two i7's and 3 of them samsung 3D monitors.

Then put it on display in your showroom.
Technically this does not = profit, but It would be awesome?

Associate
OcUK. I think you should build the most badass system, with 3 of these in SLI, the EVGA Classified SR2 with two i7's and 3 of them samsung 3D monitors.

Then put it on display in your showroom.
Technically this does not = profit, but It would be awesome?

i7s in an Sr-2 ..:confused:

Also you can only put 2 of these cards together.

Though I do understand what you meant ;)

Associate
Well I'd like to see you play BF3 at 5760x1200 with one 580.

Multi-monitor is pointless until bezels aren't a "problem" anymore. And even if they were removable (or didn't have one,) I wouldn't buy 2/3 monitors and 2 graphics cards while microstuttering still exists. It's a problem that should have been rectified as soon as they realised that it occurred.

Soldato
Multi-monitor is pointless until bezels aren't a "problem" anymore. And even if they were removable (or didn't have one,) I wouldn't buy 2/3 monitors and 2 graphics cards while microstuttering still exists. It's a problem that should have been rectified as soon as they realised that it occurred.

Because not everyone is hung up about the bezels or that micro stuttering that may occur to a notice effect in a particular game, because everything has a weak side & you either put with it & buy or you don't.

Back
Top Bottom