How much of your income goes on rent/mortgage?

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Too much at the moment as I'm paying a mortgage on my house and also paying to rent a room whilst I work away from home during the week, great.

Associate
31% on rent. Way more than I wanted to pay but it's worth it for living in paradise-like detached coach house. No neighbours to bother me, no garden, garage for my stuff, tis perfect. I'm on quite good money for South Wales and don't see how anyone living alone could get by on anything less. Must be a real struggle.

Currently trying to change career into software development which would mean taking a sizeable pay cut and most likely moving to somewhere like Bristol or London. Would probably end up having to live in a shared house if it happens. Haven't been offered a job yet though so it isn't an issue.

Soldato
it's split 50/50 between myself and GF so currently approx 28% but ctax is another £120 ontop of that
even then that's going to go up as my secondment is ending soon :(

Soldato
Well living with the missus so I guess for the purposes of this I'll just cut it in half as we both contribute about the same to the joint account that the rent/bills come out of.

21%

with all bills and food included it is around about 50%

Your bills and food are 150% of your mortgage cost? I'd put some more money into your mortgage!

EDIT: Just noticed its rent, still, either rent is really cheap or you eat a lot!

alx

alx

Soldato
Was about 10% when I was living at home. Now that I'm commuting to Aberdeen on a weekly basis my company pays for my hotel/apartment during the week and then I'm either crashing at mates on the weekend or just staying at my parents for a night or two - so rent = 0%.

Monetary gain, but living out of a suitcase isn't ideal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom