*** Show Off Your Apple Hardware ***

Associate
my humble setup

2009 iMac still going strong

20110730-7qira5ussf2bhbdfi62msu2wc.jpg

what size iMac is this?

Soldato
Think its the 24inch, they no longer do them anymore.

Shame, was a perfect size.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I completely agree. Just got my 27" today, and I can honestly say that while the space is fantastic, the physical size is too big. It's too high, and I don't like the fact that the top of the display is way above my eyeline on my desk!

That said, a lovely machine. Pics soon with on my desk :)

Soldato
Nice carpet! :p

Spec or gtfo. :D

Thanks. :p

15"
2.2GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200 rpm
SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
MacBook Pro 15-inch Hi-Res Glossy Widescreen Display
Backlit Keyboard (British) & User's Guide (English)
Accessory Kit

Nothing too special.

Caporegime
img0201bw.jpg

21.5" iMac from Feb last year... couldn't even tell you what the specs are, which shows how long it is since I've been arsed about computer specs.
Magic trackpad which I picked up the other day and love.
iPhone 3GS 16GB. Second hand with a back that looks like it was kicked down a gravel driveway, so it has a Gelaskins on it.
iPod Touch 3G 64GB with a fricking awesome Batman Gelaskins on the back.
iPod nano 3G 4GB for my wife for in the car.
Seagate 1TB drive on Time Machine duty. Had 2 Western Digitals before that, both of which clicked and failed to write properly, so went back to Amazon posthaste!
Cheapo all-in-one HP.
Mountain of pens and crap.

Also got an old skool shuffle kicking around somewhere...

Soldato
The not as humble as it once was setup (new 27" Dell just arrived to replace the previous 22" HD Monitor) :)

qB3ag.jpg

QLq36.jpg.png

Last edited:
Associate
Just seen a PowerMac G5 up there, I bought one September last year (Dual G5) and had some real good fun with it. Unfortunately I needed space and had to sell it, but I gotta be honest what a laugh it was!

I've sold mine along with two old PCs for £310, the guy is coming to pick them up tommorow. Gives me around £380 to spend on something new, tempted by a used Macbook but I'm not sure if there's much point considering I already have a gaming laptop.

I've also bought a wired Apple keyboard since the last post and sold the iBook for a profit.

Associate
After an offer from a colleague at work I bought his 2009 Mac Mini with 4GB of Ram and 500Gig HDD for £180, added a new BenQ Monitor for £168 and have a whole new setup. Never used or had a Mac of any sort before and loving it.

IMG_1754.jpg

Associate
S5R4M.jpg

Just got the iMac today (BTO i7 3.4Ghz 2011, 6970M 2GB, added an extra 8GB of RAM to bring it to 12GB myself)

Will probably be adding another desk soon, this one is far too cramped and need more room to work and play games!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom