Finished My First XBox 360 Game

Soldato
After being an avid PC gamer for years I took the plunge and bought a 360 last year. However, I couldn't (literally) get to grips with the control so it's been gathering dust under my desk. A couple of weeks ago I decided I'd better have another go and this time I seem to have cracked it. I finished Alan Wake last night and have almost completed LA Noire now. Is the DLC for Alan Wake worth buying? Now my mate is bugging me to get Red Dead so we can play online.

Soldato
yes the DLC for Alan Wake is worth buying. Did you buy the game new? check inside the case to see if you have a voucher to get one of them for free. I did.

Soldato
Well done on finishing your first game, I remember struggling in transitioning from the PC, and I just sat there one day and forced myself to play Halo until the end, and I'm glad I did, not only did it get me half used to the controller, but it got me into Halo..

Soldato
the first Alan Wake DLC (whichever one it was that came free)was good, but the second one was quite short and rather boring too. Didn't add anything of any real value to the storyline either.

Soldato
Personally I was disappointed in it. It's style makes it quite a slow game in my opinion.

I think the hype for it made it all the more disappointing. But i'm sure there are many people who loved it.

It's one of the most disappointing games in a long time for me.

Get Mass Effect 1 & 2 OP... not my type of games... never played through anything similar to it before... absolutely unreal.

Associate
Can't say about Alan Wake or Red Dead as they're not really my kind of games, but welcome to the console club man! I'm sure the people here can recommend some great games for you if you tell us what kind of games you like?

Associate
Red Dead Redemption is an absolutely quality game to play, L.A Noire tended to be a bit slow paced for myself but that's just my preference, I would highly recommend you play the Bioshock series (1 and 2) you won't be disappointed and you can pick them up dirt cheap now if you shop around ;)

If you're looking for some solid shooter you've obviously got the behemoth that is the COD series but also a 360 exclusive in the Gears of War games with the end to the trilogy coming out late Sept.

For something a bit different, Deus Ex: Human Revolutions comes out on Friday and it has got a 10/10 in one review i've read.

Hope this all helps! :)

Back
Top Bottom