***** The Official Fifa 12 Thread *****

Soldato
IS it me or are the changes from fifa 11 > fifa 12 very hard to notice in videos? Looks exactly the same.

Not just you i can see slight changes i.e. with the tackling but FIFA is more of you only notice it when playing it. E.G Friend saw me playing 11 he has 10 he said i dont see any difference he played it and then noticed and was abit surprised by it.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Why do people think there have to be major changes...fifa 11 is great..I would be happy with just a squad update!

Caporegime
Why do people think there have to be major changes...fifa 11 is great..I would be happy with just a squad update!
There are plenty of small changes needed - ones that would make quite a difference on pitch - just have a look at the ones I pointed earlier in the thread...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Meh... Crap ball control, players stuck in animations not reacting to closeby balls.
Lag issues on clubs.
not enough pro customisation.
terrible overlapping runs
crap defender AI
dirty cut backs

Impact looks like a good idea... but its going to be another one of those gimmicks, and lets face it every year the new part of the game becomes overused and gets old very very fast.
I can imagine free flowing games will be none existant...

Caporegime
EA come with the same updates every year yet nothing really changes. All they really do is speed up or slow down the gameplay.

lol

i take it you have never taken a penalty in both 10 and 11 then? ;)

i can see significant graphic quality in stadiums now, i notice in fifa, the sky sometimes goes missing in Ultimate Team, but in the above video the shadows look very good, so im thinking they should have improved that.

also they try and fine tune any problems in the game every year.

the guy who is in charge of fifa, the top dog, is a HUGE football fan and he has basically stated he is trying to imitate the game 100% that is his mission.

so yeah every year there will be something new, because every year he actually listens to the actual fans of the game and takes their feedback and then tries to improve the game.

you can clearly see this in ultimate team, where the actual fans got to choose who was going to be in the 2011 TOTY's for every league, etc, what other game can you say the fans have had such an impact? the

the guy in charge of fifa is doing an amazing job, its just the parent company EA are complete *****. the guy is doing everything right, getting the fans involved, listening to feedback and improving the game.

i honestly cannot see how PES are ever going to compete whilst FIFA have this guy in charge, he is actually running the game from a real fan's point of view.

Soldato
Wow penalties are different. That's a huge improvement ;)

They need to put in quick throws in. Get rid off dumb a.I who stand and wait for the ball to come to them. Dumb goalies who are easily lobbed, a lot of niggles from previous games that they don't fix. They only do a few each year and it's normally the ones that don't affect play so much or they talk about something and don't actually put it in the game properly. Such as impact engine, players like drogba being strong and such, but still bein outmuscled by weaklings. Maybe this year they will actually sort it.

I'm not saying this as a FIFA hater ad I actually love FIFA. Its been such a better game than pes over recent years but I also see how they feed us bull and don't fix a lot of the things people want fixing.

Soldato
Would nice if your players drop to the floor if they are in the way of a shot. I can't count how many times my own players have blocked my own shots.

Also, cm perfect offsides need sometihng done to them. Even if your hair is offside the lines man can see it. Its crazy. Maybe a roll of the dice from the AI when there isn't much in it? Not sure how you would sort this out. Guess its really no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Caporegime
I 100% believe that they are trying to make a great football game.

I also 100% believe that they know that if they did that...they would struggle to sell more each year.

So they will put in enough to sell a new version and no more, sad but true.

Caporegime
how would you fix them?

If it was me in charge I'd make the transfer targets for other clubs more in line with real life, I'd make the budgets more realistic as well as the player demands. The calendar is horrible too, it's slow and buggy and I know people on here have had problems with it. Manager Mode should be more like the Master League in PES which is much more in depth and would be huge amounts of fun in the FIFA engine.

C64

C64

Soldato
Is it my imagination but isn't fifa always really bad online almost unplayable for about a month after release until they patch it or add more servers ? by bad I mean mainly laggy.Edit: the ps3 version though I think

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom