Poll: HP TouchPad - $99 in US - any sign of UK drop?

How many Touchpads have you managed to get ?

Votes: 148 50.3%

Votes: 66 22.4%

Votes: 38 12.9%

Votes: 14 4.8%
  • 4+

Votes: 28 9.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
WE all know the Touchpad failed due to too expensive and no APPS, there were no apps because they had no customers.

If webOS is going to win in the long term be via HP hardware or another vendors they need an initial install base to get developers on board.

OMG FFS, do you not read anything?

FOR THE LAST TIME. HP ARE PULLING WEBOS AND ALL ASSOCIATED TABLET / MOBILE HARDWARE, PERMANENTLY, FOR EVER, THE END.

NO MORE UPDATES, NO MORE FIRMWARES, NO MORE SOFTWARE.

I'm still annoyed with CPW i phoned them at 6:50 and was hold with them with 30 minutes and the guy couldn't even sort me an order, said he'd phone back but never did (******). So didn't place my online order with them till around half 7, when i could've done it much earlier through their site.

Associate
still full price on prepaymania, though doubt it will drop. got my hawk eyes on misco but sites down and havent even been able to register. so no doubt theyl get leeched as soon as they go live.

Associate
Engadget reporting the Palm Pre 3 will drop to around £50 too, if they sell them at that price will try for one of those, the wifes old phone is on its last legs so we need a new one, at that price would be well worth it, though didn't have any luck ordering a touchpad so don't fancy my chances with the phone.............

Associate
Anyone heard anything from Dixons? Lots of talk about CPW etc but anyone from dixons had a confirmed delivery date? They took my money and said my order was being prepared for dispatch but no estimated delivery!

And they dont even have a damn contact number!!

Associate
I saw this thread today on the toilet of all places @ 8.10am.

didn't have time for a shower as i rushed down to Staples. they were still being advertised at full price there and no sold out on the ticket. i went over to the till and asked the guy about it. he said they were all gone without looking on the machine. store was dead so not sure how many they had in stock. i asked if more would be in and he said possibly. HP are apparently dispatching another 200k to the UK.

i wasn't hanging about as i saw in this thread that CPW might have some. in Cambridge there are two stores nearby to each other. i got to one and there were 5 people waiting outside. all waiting for the store to open @ 9. i asked if we were all here for the same reason. yes was the answer to that. store opened, and the guy said they were all gone before anyone got the chance to speak, i asked if there were any others about in the other Cambridge stores. he looked on the system and said Lion Yard’s Store had 4 left (2x16, 2x32). so i did a runner to the store only to find 4 people queuing with 4 boxes on the counter!! heart beat started racing thinking NOOOOOOOOOOOO!.

all gone (in Cambridge...)

i asked the guy if he could ring Newmarket and Ely to see if they had any. Newmarket were sold out. Ely had 2 left! I asked if i could reserve them both, 16gb’s. And he said yes! I couldn't believe my luck as I thought they would be gone. I got on the phone to my old man who works in construction, luckily he was working nearby and I asked him if he could pop in and pick them up today as we shared the surname they were reserved under. I rang the Ely store to make sure they'd hold as I thought they’d sell them on. The old man (a.k.a father) rang back to confirm he'd got them both.

Wow. Talk about being lucky. The store manager said he was surprised they were so cheap so he obviously hadn't realised the bargains he'd just sold otherwise he might have reserved them for himself/ or other store members.

I'm off to Mexico in three weeks so they'll be great on the plane compared to using a laptop, even if it is 13.3”. Thanks to everyone for posting where to get one, and more importantly - i hope everyone that has reserved one gets one.

I think though that it is a little unfair for those that go to the store to try and get one for themselves because all it takes is a phone call to reserve X amount, which no doubt many have done to sell on.

Still what a bargain!

Back
Top Bottom