Poll: HP TouchPad - $99 in US - any sign of UK drop?

How many Touchpads have you managed to get ?

Votes: 148 50.3%

Votes: 66 22.4%

Votes: 38 12.9%

Votes: 14 4.8%
  • 4+

Votes: 28 9.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Does anyone know if HP will be doing similar deals on Laptops, are they still staying in the laptop market?

I think they plan to sell the laptop/PC business so there would be no need to sell the stock in a firesale... just slap a new badge on the top (like IBM/Lenovo)

Caporegime
cpw delay email just arrived too :'( i feel let down. i was imagining my life with a tablet, what i would do with it, how cool i'd look etc and sound even cooler when i say how much it cost me. now what are the ladies going to think when they see nothing but the empty shell of a man who tried to buy a cheap tablet but failed :(

It will be ok man. You'll pull through.

Soldato
cpw delay email just arrived too :'( i feel let down. i was imagining my life with a tablet, what i would do with it, how cool i'd look etc and sound even cooler when i say how much it cost me. now what are the ladies going to think when they see nothing but the empty shell of a man who tried to buy a cheap tablet but failed :(

:)

Associate

Read the email carefully - it says they are in the process of placing the order. I think they are apologising for not processing it sooner. To me the email sounds more positive and they say only a small number of customers will get delays up to a week.

Associate
Just got a call from Staples, I ordered a 16GB through the mobile website earlier but got no email or anything, figured they were out of stock. The nice lady told me they were out of stock but were getting some of the 32GB in tomorrow, and I can expect delivery in 24 - 48 hours. Thanks guys, you've been awesome.

EDIT: The guys here referring to y'all in the thread here. Although thanks Staples too.

Soldato
Well I ordered from the rainforest at the reduced rate. It said out of stock but let me get an order in. Fingers crossed. Just logged in and it doesn't say out of stock against my order.......

bbq

bbq

Associate
from CPW

Thank you for choosing to purchase your HP Touchpad at The Carphone Warehouse. We're writing to let you know that unfortunately due to high demand, there has been a slight delay in processing your order.

We will contact you as soon as possible to confirm your request has been completed, and to organise delivery for all successful orders. This may take up to a week for a small number of customers but we are working hard to minimise the delay.

We have not taken any money from your account, and will not do so unless we send you an order confirmation email.

We are extremely sorry for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience with this issue.

Back
Top Bottom