Poll: Rebels rolling into Tripoli

Were we right to get involved in Libya?

• Yes

Votes: 291 49.7%
  • No

Votes: 294 50.3%

• Total voters
Caporegime
On a serious note, what stops a neighboring territory capitalising on the current lack of effective government and invading ?

Do any of their neighbours even have the capacity to wage a proper war?

let alone raise enough of a force to put off NATO?

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;19904600 said:
The fact they'd get pwnt by Nato I'd imagine.

doesnt stop some shady peole getting into power one of the rebel guys is a nutter anyway and said all al quaeda are good muslims in an interview :rolleyes:

Abdel-Hakim al-Hasidi stand up guy! nato backs he must be

Last edited:
Soldato
Feel bad for Gaddafi... NATO airstrikes is like some secret cheat code that the rebels discovered and suddenly an easily tankable uprising becomes less so, what with all your tanks getting blown up and stuff. Poor guy just trying to run his country how he wanted. I can't imagine this turmoil will actually do any net good anyway.

Caporegime
Feel bad for Gaddafi... NATO airstrikes is like some secret cheat code that the rebels discovered and suddenly an easily tankable uprising becomes less so, what with all your tanks getting blown up and stuff. Poor guy just trying to run his country how he wanted. I can't imagine this turmoil will actually do any net good anyway.

lol your serious? i dont feel sympathy for him or his family its all the normal people who suported him because they had to that i feel for the rebels have already been known to have started assassinating some police officers, no doubt any state television workers are gonna get it to and pretty much anyone else the rebels can point a finger at as beeing part of the gaddafi leadership.

they can stick gaddafis head on a pike for all i care hes had it good for ages, its sad though cos in some ways libya was one of the better run african countries mugabe etc just get totally ignored and their people are far worse off than most libyans who had running water , education etc

we have no garuntees libya is going to be any better than it was really

Last edited:
Caporegime
lol your serious? i dont feel sympathy for him or his family its all the normal people who suported him because they had to that i feel for the rebels have already been known to have started assassinating some police officers, no doubt any state television workers are gonna get it to and pretty much anyone else the rebels can point a finger at as beeing part of the gaddafi leadership.

they can stick gaddafis head on a pike for all i care hes had it good for ages, its sad though cos in some ways libya was one of the better run african countries mugabe etc just get totally ignored and their people are far worse off than most libyans who had running water , education etc

we have no garuntees libya is going to be any better than it was really

Did you not notice the sarcasm?

Man of Honour
I see William Hague is talking about the fear of a chemical weapons attack by the Gaddafi regime!

No, he was giving a non-commital answer to a question somebody asked him.

Asked about the possibility that the regime may try to use chemical weapons in a desperate final act, Hague said: "There will have been thousands of people loyal to Gaddafi and mercenaries who are still out there with weapons. We can't rule anything out."

Associate

This war is pure Hollywood fakery. Fake sets and all sorts.

article-2028982-0D8B0B9900000578-413_634x459.jpg

From the Mail.

pirhayati20110320015812013.jpg

From Press TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fZhEJwWD4s&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGgrTVGg4ec&

Spot the differences, people! This is actually mad. This is propaganda at its finest.

Associate
article-1359674-0D4FCCE6000005DC-660_634x475.jpg

article-2028982-0D8B0B9900000578-413_634x459.jpg

From the same newspapers. Both taken this year. Who can spot the difference? This is a fake set, and I have read that Green Square was fake for a number of reasons too!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I thought it was hilarious you posted that even once, now twice?

So you think what, Gadaffis compound is secure and we are being tricked with footage from a fake one? Because what, somebody has taken the number off the plane? :D

Amazing :D

Associate
[TW]Fox;19907454 said:

So you think what, Gadaffis compound is secure and we are being tricked with footage from a fake one? Because what, somebody has taken the number off the plane? :D

No, the Gadaffi compound is being bombed to high-heaven, but yes that compound is fake. Compare the pictures yourself, don't laugh at me. I laugh at the fact that you've got this many posts D

They faked the bussing of rebels into Green Square too. Compare the 1 million plus who were out for the regime before with the **** stream running around now.

People, go and watch John Pilger's documentary for yourself. Hear the journalists who really cover war tell you what they saw. From about 12 mins...Rageh Omar admits that there were more press at the Saddam toppling photo-op than Iraqis. All the press just stood on the balconies of the hotel opposite and took pictures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJT5ebjVhEs&feature=related

I have family members who have covered war as embedded journos, and they do not have the freedom to roam that you the viewer may think. They don't see everything and they don't show what you shouldn't be seeing.

The media in Qatar - a major supplier of weapons and possibly troops/training - has been completely bumlicking the 'rebels' since the start of the conflict, just like they said they would in the Wikileaks link. If you want proper news, Russia Today or Press TV have accurate on the ground reporters who actually move around. Al Jazeera/CNN/BBC/Sky are all lying.

Associate
[TW]Fox;19907454 said:

Have you noticed the pillars in the background? Compare the pictures properly before you go off and decide to ignore the information I posted. You'll notice more than one difference I'm sure!

What happened to the glass and the reflections? Warfare, sure, but why can't we see into the building?

Why is the USA and the flag missing from the plane?

I have a family friend who visited Libya this year and she flagged this up for me. She said that there is no way that is Bab Al Aziziya, and she managed to see Gadaffi address a crowd there before.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;19907454 said:

He actually has a very good point, the older pic (with number on plane) clearly shows the building more severely damaged than in the more recent pic, despite the building having never been repaired (as a testament to its survival)

Maybe the top one is the set though and Gaddafi just broadcasted from there to make people think he was in his compound...?

So who is our government using chemical warfare against?

Nobody, who said that? :S

Caporegime
So who is our government using chemical warfare against?

Does depleted Uranium count as chemical?

Russia Today or Press TV have accurate on the ground reporters who actually move around. Al Jazeera/CNN/BBC/Sky are all lying.

Russia today was saying that the UN mandate runs out next month, so they needed to act quickly... perhaps staging a coup will buy us more time?

The UN Security Council adopted a resolution on March 17 which established a no-fly zone over Libya with the aim of protecting civilians, but many innocent Libyans died later in NATO strikes. The funneling of weapons to the rebel forces by the alliance has also become a clear violation of the UN arms embargo that was imposed on the country by resolution 1973.

In light of all those violations it would be very unlikely that the UN Security Council would have adopted yet another resolution on Libya in September, when the previous resolution runs out. So it was crucial for NATO and the rebels to secure a victory before this deadline.

Soldato
The way the news is reporting all this is silly. So one sided, doesn't mention all the civilians killed in the NATO airstrikes that let the 'rebels' (actually Al-Quaida working for the west).

What will happen is now that the 'rebel' government is half in power, they will ask western troops to come in, and it will be another Iraq.

Back
Top Bottom