****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

Soldato
True. I use a Sena leather pouch though rather than a case so not an issue for me personally. BTW that pouch has been a lifesaver, best £20 I've spent in a long time!

Where did you get one of these for £20? Looking for a slip type case for mine at the moment...

Are there any other decent slim cases that are worth looking at?

Associate
Don't worry about the triangle it means you have a custom kernel. What was the original kernel version before you tried to root are you sure you sue the right one?

Associate
2.6.35.7-I9100BUKG2-CL342890

That is my kernel, or is the stock kernel however i cannot find it on that list :(

Don't worry about the triangle it means you have a custom kernel. What was the original kernel version before you tried to root are you sure you sue the right one?

It was the one above.

I have tried flashing the Stock Kernel for Vodafone Branded SGS2 - BUKG2.

However still no luck and it just gets stuck on the Samsung Logo with the yellow triangle beneath it.

I have no idea what to do?

Soldato
Has anyone had any issues with the main camera?

When i first open the camera app it clicks twice (like normal) and works fine for about 30 seconds then just freezes and the camera starts clicking again O.o keeps clicking every 10 seconds till i have to kill the process :(

E-mailed samsung and they said it was a software comflict :S though its been flashed twice and still happens...

Soldato
Soldato
Having some issues with my S2...

Connected to pc this morning, well attempted to, it kept disconnecting and MTP seems to be closing by itself sometimes, or switching between connecting / initialising.

Anyone had this? It basically means I cannot connect to machine at present... tried factory reset but its asking for "SAMSUNG" password for my email account, no idea what it's on about! Don't remember making an account there.

I've checked privacy and the backup to google is all ticked... is it safe to do a hard reset via my keys and get my paid for apps back? Phone is rooted, running a backup via CWM now.

Last edited:
Soldato
APPLE are clearly crapping themselves at the far suprior phone, i think it looks more likely that the S2 will still be better then even the iPhone5 when it comes out!

As somebody who dislikes Apple's products, and the company in general, I doubt they're crapping themselves.

I have more to say on that but this isn't the thread for it tbh, there's aleady one about the court case :).

Soldato
Having some issues with my S2...

Connected to pc this morning, well attempted to, it kept disconnecting and MTP seems to be closing by itself sometimes, or switching between connecting / initialising.

Anyone had this? It basically means I cannot connect to machine at present... tried factory reset but its asking for "SAMSUNG" password for my email account, no idea what it's on about! Don't remember making an account there.

I've checked privacy and the backup to google is all ticked... is it safe to do a hard reset via my keys and get my paid for apps back? Phone is rooted, running a backup via CWM now.

Yeah, it's safe to do that, just go into CWM Recovery and factory reset.

For backup I'd (apart from doing the CWM Recovery backup, as that's only to revert to the state the phone is in now, ROM/problems(assuming it's not a hardware fault) etc. included not just data/contacts etc) backup contacts to google and backup SMS (assuming you want to keep them) with an app to google (I use SMS Backup +, free app on the market), this is assuming you haven't already ofc :).

I also use Titanium Backup to backup all the apps and their data that I have (all the apps from standard market, Amazon app store and all the "app of the day"'s I've got from there, random non-market ones like BetterBatteryStats) as I just find it easier restoring them after I install a new ROM than downloading them all individually.

Your paid apps should show automatically on the market when you've logged in, unpaid apps don't though from what I remember so having them backed up helps there too as no doubt you'll forget one (I still forget one when I have "all" ;) of them written down :(). All the apps restored via Titanium Backup that are from the market should act as normally downloaded apps too, with them showing up in your market app saying installed/update available.

As for the USB problem, before you go factory resetting (I know I'm stating the obvious here, but sometimes people forget :p), I assume you've rebooted the phone/PC (several times I'm guessing :p). Have you also tried a different cable if you have one? Or when you try and charge it via mains (or when you have it plugged in by USB) does it ALWAYS show as charging? It's not changing between charging and not charging all the time is it? (It might be doing it too quickly to see this since sometimes it's only swapping between connecting/initialising rather than disconnected, you'd have to test this until it starts disconnecting completely)

I'd try and rule out any hardware faults as above before resetting it as obviously even with a backup setting it up again can take a bit of time (for me anyways, as I only backup user installed apps+data, not all the standard stuff in the ROM).

Oh and for the Samsung Account thing, if you load the Samsung Apps app, it should ask you to log in or create an account, this is probably what it meant when asking for a password, just create an account there. If doesn't ask for this it means you must have already set one up (you can check in "Accounts And Sync" in "Settings". I'd just try using your normal passwords (which ever seems like it's the one you'd use for some random thing if you have multiple passwords normally) on the Samsung website (I'm guessing it has a log in thing, I don't actually know) rather than your phone just incase it actually locks the phone or something if you get it wrong too much :p.

Hmm, typed more than I planned, and most of it was probably stuff you knew already or useless :D, oh well :p.

Edit:
*Shock as a phone that is a year newer has superior hardware* :D

Indeed Robbo, I typed up aload of stuff about why they weren't scared, and how any other company would have sued in Apples position, but then I thought meh, it seems abit wrong to start an argument where I'm on Apples side when I dislike them myself :D.

Last edited:
Soldato
Aye, I did a CWM revert, firmware etc didn't revert to stock so seeked odin and a stock firmare/kernel.

Now that is all done it looks like it has fixed the issue. Need to add all my contacts and accounts again as the KIES restore is apparently gash.

The only issue I can really see is the KIES firmware status which now says:

"This version of the device cannot be updated."

I have got PDA: KE7 / Phone: KE4 / CSC: KD1 (XEU)

Provider is TMobile. Any pointers towards firmwares to fix the issue?

**EDIT**

I'm going to give XWKE2 a go. Pretty sure this was the original one my phone came with... maybe I flashed a branded S2 firmware.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom