somebody help me design my tattoo

Associate
Yes, because thats really a little girl in a dress isn't it.

Even so, ask 100 random people which is the wider known piece of art. Who wins? Now be quiet.

And to the OP, go to a tattoo shop, speak to a tattoo artist, they will draw up a design if you ask them, it's their job.

Soldato
Take some of the pictures you like the style and idea of and go speak to the tattoo artist, not everything can be drawn on skin as well as you want it, so getting someone who does it for a living will have a much better idea of line styles etc.

Also most good tattooists will draw it for free but take a deposit off you and then take that money off your tattoo cost.

KaHn

Associate
Oh yes I see the battle of bogside murial everywhere, all over the world being sold on canvasses and prints to go in peoples homes. or is that banksys infamous gasmark stencil. my mistake

never mind the fact it isnt even related to the fact he asked for a design of a near replica of banksys art before being suggesting in an angry tone that he wouldnt want bansky tattoed on his skin. (which neither would I, but i'm just saying, maybe he subliminally was thinking of the picture he'd seen before)

Soldato

Even so, ask 100 random people which is the wider known piece of art. Who wins? Now be quiet.

And to the OP, go to a tattoo shop, speak to a tattoo artist, they will draw up a design if you ask them, it's their job.

Who even gives a crap? He wasn't asking for a picture of a design by Banksy, he was asking for a picture of a girl with a teddy bear and a gas mask.

Where's the Banksy picture of it? You seem to claim that he 'did it first', which is of course ridiculous as there little girls in gas masks long before Banksy, but you fail to provide evidence.

Nobody wins. This isn't a contest about who knows Banksy more.

Your last paragraph is the only good thing you've contributed to the thread other than argue pointlessly.

Soldato
Oh yes I see the battle of bogside murial everywhere, all over the world being sold on canvasses and prints to go in peoples homes. or is that banksys infamous gasmark stencil. my mistake

Banksey's version is aesthetically pleasing...Bogside isn't. How well known they are has little to do with it.

Bogside mural is extremely well known! Just because you're unaware of it doesnt mean thats the point of view of the rest of the country\world

Permabanned
I'm not ignorant, i'm just not from 1969, to suggest that globally that mural is more widely recognised than banksy's piece, is ignorant.

Yes you are ignorant. Your claim that Banksy's work is anymore known around the world than the bogside artists is simply talking out of your arse. The mural was done in the mid 90s as well. It's a defining image from Northern Ireland known all around the world. Though it depicts the 1969 battle of the bogside. But at least you wiki'd battle of the bogside. Now while you're at it go and read up about the bogside artists and wind your neck in.

Soldato

I just asked 382 people in my chat room at work.

about 200 knew the battle of bogside, only about 8 knew who banksy is. You lose!

To the OP, I've seen a picture in the style you might like holding a teddy by her side (I am thinking something like The Ring of Fear). I'll try and find it when I get home. It would be a simple case of editing a mask on it.

However, it depends how big you want it as it could really effect the quality available!

Associate
Where's the Banksy picture of it? You seem to claim that he 'did it first', which is of course ridiculous as there little girls in gas masks long before Banksy, but you fail to provide evidence.

Where did i suggest he did it first? he asked someone to draw up a design of a photograph, then when someone posted a near identical copy of that picture, essentially only missing a teddy bear, he reacted in a way that he would never want that tattoed on him. Even though it's near identical to what he asked for. quite amusing :p

Soldato
Was bored waiting for the Warhammer demo to DL on steam so here you go...
masterpiecey.jpg

:cool:

Associate
I just asked 382 people in my chat room at work.

about 200 knew the battle of bogside, only about 8 knew who banksy is. You lose!

To the OP, I've seen a picture in the style you might like holding a teddy by her side (I am thinking something like The Ring of Fear). I'll try and find it when I get home. It would be a simple case of editing a mask on it.

However, it depends how big you want it as it could really effect the quality available!

congratulations, you are friends with 200 people who are oblivious to the modern world, funny I see that image everywhere I go, in every shopping centre and all over the internet it's widespread.

Soldato
Where did i suggest he did it first? he asked someone to draw up a design of a photograph, then when someone posted a near identical copy of that picture, essentially only missing a teddy bear, he reacted in a way that he would never want that tattoed on him. Even though it's near identical to what he asked for. quite amusing :p

No, because that's not the design he wants. Obviously the girl isn't right, and just because she's wearing a gas mask doesn't make it the one he wants. :x

Soldato
congratulations, you are friends with 200 people who are oblivious to the modern world, funny I see that image everywhere I go, in every shopping centre and all over the internet it's widespread.

And yet I've only ever seen it on the internet. Strange that, Maybe that means one persons perspective on something cant be seen as concrete fact and a statistic to base an argument on with regards to popularity!

Back
Top Bottom