Poll: HP TouchPad - $99 in US - any sign of UK drop?

How many Touchpads have you managed to get ?

Votes: 148 50.3%

Votes: 66 22.4%

Votes: 38 12.9%

Votes: 14 4.8%
  • 4+

Votes: 28 9.5%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
My amazon order turned up today, got me a nice shiney 16gb sitting it's charger :)

Didn't they cancel ALL orders? How odd! (or was it the charger)

Just received the dispatch notice from CPW.

So a nice shiny 32gb Touchpad is on its way.....woohooooooooo!!!!!!!

Told you!

I'm currently waiting for my 'Yodel' van to arrive. What an odd name. Bright green too.

Soldato
HP dodgy link people it has already been said don't have a chance. A mate internally ordered them about 10.45 and he now has a backorder date. All of them have gone long ago. I ordered a dock separately about 10 minutes after we got the mail. I didn't even get one.

Associate
Just phoned HP regarding dodgy link...... they were a bit confused but definitely sold out,then I got this.

Dear,

We have to inform you that your order 1223-216xxxx-001 has been cancelled, because one or more of the products is no longer available for sale. Please accept our apologies that we were not on this occasion able to meet your requirements satisfactorily.

Any payment already made by you for this order will be credited to your account or to your credit or debit card.

If you have any further queries relating to this order, or would like to replace the order with an alternative but similar product, please contact our customer service group on 084.560.429.21 between 9 a.m. and 5.30 p.m. Monday to Friday (free call charge applies), or email us at [email protected]

The HP Store is continually available for your computing needs, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards

HP Store Manager

Noooo! :(

I'm gonna keep quiet and hope something slips through the cracks... (yeah right :rolleyes:)

Soldato
I have to say despite some grumbling and obvious trolling this whole thing has been a great example of the OCUK community genuinely working together and supporting each other. It'd be great to see some of the lucky ones with multiple units they don't actually need give something back to the community by passing even one on at cost to other members in MM.

Easy for me to say as I don't have a spare I know, but none the less, all other things being equal it'd put whoever did it on the list for a "Man of Honour" as far as I'm concerned.

Despite the depths reached in GD/Graphics cards and a few other sub forums sometimes, occasionally, just occasionally, OCUK proves it is a great community :)

Associate
Obviously there is no current stock that is not spoken for.

But if new stock is coming then it would be hoped that any outstanding order would be honoured.

Although Amazon obviously had other ideas...

Associate
My order from BT's branded place for two was turned into a one order and a delivery charge was added. I take this as good news, they would have just cancelled if I wasn't going to get one.

Man of Honour
I have to say despite some grumbling and obvious trolling this whole thing has been a great example of the OCUK community genuinely working together and supporting each other. It'd be great to see some of the lucky ones with multiple units they don't actually need give something back to the community by passing even one on at cost to other members in MM.

Easy for me to say as I don't have a spare I know, but none the less, all other things being equal it'd put whoever did it on the list for a "Man of Honour" as far as I'm concerned.

Despite the depths reached in GD/Graphics cards and a few other sub forums sometimes, occasionally, just occasionally, OCUK proves it is a great community :)

Worst "Please sell me one, pleeeeeease..." post ever.

:p

Back
Top Bottom