***The Official HP TouchPad Thread***

Soldato
Here's what to do on 3.0.2:

Download Impostah from Preware.

- Open Impostah
- Choose Activation
- Choose US, English, a new email address, and a password
- Tap Create Profile (then click yes through everything)
- Tap Login
- Open App Catalog, which will prompt you to choose country. Choose US.

- Open up Impostah again
- Choose App catalog
- enter com.palm.app.kindle
- Get info
- Install

- Open Impostah (again!)
- Choose Activation
- Choose your own country, your preferred language, the email address of your original profile, and the password

Nice that worked a treat. I logged into the app with my usual Amazon.co.uk password to register but I notice this is Amazon.com. Can you purchase Kindle books from both on the same account and have them all in the app? Kinda new to Kindle :)

Permabanned
It's worked!!

:cool:

Now we just got to figure out how to put non-amazon .mobi books on it without all the faffing about with downloading free books and substituting the file names....:eek:

Works great for free/paid for books downloaded from Amazon though.

pReader is a piece of **** though, some people are saying it is fine, but I have nothing but issues with it. iBooks on the iPad it definitely ain't!

Permabanned
Nice that worked a treat. I logged into the app with my usual Amazon.co.uk password to register but I notice this is Amazon.com. Can you purchase Kindle books from both on the same account and have them all in the app? Kinda new to Kindle :)

just log into your normal account and sync it up. It was greyed out for me to begin with, but now it is fine.

Soldato
Oh and is there any way to rename what appz are called? It is labelled as com.palm.app.kindle. Would like to just rename it to Kindle really.

Soldato
just log into your normal account and sync it up. It was greyed out for me to begin with, but now it is fine.

Sorry not really sure what you mean. Log into Amazon.co.uk and sync that? I haven't bought any Kindle books yet but just have my Amazon.co.uk account.

Permabanned
Sorry not really sure what you mean. Log into Amazon.co.uk and sync that? I haven't bought any Kindle books yet but just have my Amazon.co.uk account.

buy a free book and when you come to the 1 click purchase just select your touchpad from the selection of devices in the pull down menu which says deliver to

Your touchpad should already be registered with your Amazon account. (You have reset the country in impostah I assume:

- Open Impostah (again!)
- Choose Activation
- Choose your own country, your preferred language, the email address of your original profile, and the password

like so, otherwise the Touchpad will still think it is located in the US.)

Soldato
OK just went to Amazon.co.uk and bought The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes for free. Indeed there was a "deliver to Touchpad" option and lo and behold when I opened the Kindle app it was there. Nice one! :)

Caporegime
Worked fine for me as well. :)

Now I just need some book reccommendations! Got a few that I want on there and my phone that I already have. Time to get browsing.

Soldato
got mine the other day, applied all the patches and overclocked it to 1.5Ghz and overall very happy with the device.

I've also managed to mount my Timecapsule and media folder on my PC to the touchpad so I can stream the media.

Associate
AVIs: TouchPlayer doesn't work on mine, I get psychedelic colours. If you're having trouble installing, copy the file to the device, browse to it with internalz, then preware will install it. The shortcut may not show until you restart luna.

God I hope I get the £15 cashback from CPW, this thing certainly isn't worth £90 with webOS!

Associate
AVIs: TouchPlayer doesn't work on mine, I get psychedelic colours. If you're having trouble installing, copy the file to the device, browse to it with internalz, then preware will install it. The shortcut may not show until you restart luna.

God I hope I get the £15 cashback from CPW, this thing certainly isn't worth £90 with webOS!

Sell it to someone who actually wants it then :p it's certainly better than the budget tablets available at this price range IMO

Associate
That would be unfair on the buyer, anyway I just want to watch AVIs on planes and trains and it can't even do that!

I'm confident that android will make it a worthwhile investment though, maybe I should be increasing that bounty...

Permabanned
That would be unfair on the buyer, anyway I just want to watch AVIs on planes and trains and it can't even do that!

You can do it on trains fine, just tether to your phone for the licence check.

Failing I'm sure someone regularly flying can afford to spend $5.99 (£3.77) for the full version of Kalem Player? I just bought it for that very reason, I'm flying somewhere next week.

Last edited:
Soldato
Liking it so far.

Loving the full flash support on the web. Who needs apps when you have that anyway!:p

There are a few niggles. Anyone noticed that on the latest update, if you try go on a BBC page with a video on it, the site will keep refreshing. Iplayer (the actual site) works flawlessly though so i dont know whats going on there.

Liking the skype/gmail integration for videochat/IM e.t.c

To be honest if i had paid £400 for it i would probably be a tad dissapointed as i know there are frankly better tabs out there but a 32gb tablet with the same screen as the Ipad 2,a slick OS and full flash support for £115 is a no brainer!

If someone makes it possible to dual boot this with a recent version of Android, we will all be laughing :)

Yeah I had that problem with BBC. Bit imbaressing as I was showing the touchpad to my sister and the first site she tried didn't work! I closed down everything, turned it on and off and it seemed to be ok afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom