If you had the money would you leave England

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I'm already going and I haven't won the lottery.

Emigrating to Squamish, Canada in December. Wife's got a job over there as a lecturer at the Uni - I'm going to be a house husband and teach the kids how to snowboard at Whislter (45mins drive away) :cool:

Soldato
I used to live in Whistler, Squamish or 'Squampton' as we used to call it is ok, probably changed since I was there 6 years ago. You'll have an amazing lifestyle there, open space, fresh air, climbing, mountain biking, sailing, skiing etc. Love it.

In answer to the original question I left (again) and am very happy. I am back in the UK at the moment from Singapore where I now live and quite honestly can't wait to go back home to Singapore, nice weather, no crime, good food, awesome quality of life, the UK really has no redeeming qualities for me other than my family.

Permabanned
Yeah I would, I hate what Englands become.

However there are very few nations id like to live in - 1 it would have to be English speaking; 2 id have to be King.

AGD

AGD

Soldato
I've noticed a few people say Hong Kong. What's the appeal of HK?

Well I've lived there before and enjoyed it, hence the appeal! :p

But seriously, it's got great transport, great cheap food, low crime, no scams (unlike most of se asia) and the people are great.

The fact is though, that it's the people who make the place - you can go and live in the best part of the world but if you don't have (or make) friends there then it will still suck.

Caporegime
I would move somewhere with decent weather and less draconian laws, at least in America you don't have to worry about being arrested for not carrying your animals passport with you! I don't even think they did that in Nazi Germany.

Soldato
Oh yea Id be outta here as soon as the money hit my bank account. Would love to settle on the Pacific Coast - N. California, Washington Sate or BC even. If I decide to look at Europe instead Id move to Denmark...Copenhagen is awesome!

The UK is my native country but I'll admit I wouldnt miss it a bit. I know for a fact because Ive lived out-of-country for 10 years.

more to do than going on the 'lash' every weekend. Which it appears 90% of our society believes is the be all and end all of enjoyment.
Totally agree :)

I would move somewhere with decent weather and less draconian laws, at least in America you don't have to worry about being arrested for not carrying your animals passport with you!

Yea...and you have the right to home-defense with deadly force so you can point your nice new Glock at burglar scum and tell him to get down and not do anythin stupid or u turn him into Swiss cheese! Here u whack one too hard with a teapot and you get done for it looks like. Although I hear they are "relaxing" that a bit. Yea. Really.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not living in England but I don't think I would ever leave Scotland unless it meant a very good boost in salary. It's my home land. :) And it's a very good country. Imperialistic prejudices aside Britain on the whole is a good nation. :) It has it's flaws, sometimes extreme but I like knowing that I'm safer than other; larger; firearm legal countries. :p

I know firearms are legal to an extent here but it's very restricted.

What I'm not liking is this invasion of EU law on a lot of things.

Back
Top Bottom