Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Your friends are talking rubbish.

getting some conflicted views here from my friends regarding BF3, i never played alpha but 2 of my friends did, they told me that i should be getting rid of the bad components in my rig (Posted Below), which i dont think are bad at all

CPU- amd phenom 2 x6, 1090t at 3.2ghz (just stock)
GPU- evga 580gtx, 1.5gb version
RAM- corsair 8GB

my friends say that i should get rid of my card and go for the lastest ATI as they say it runs better than nvds 580/590s series cards, and they also say that my cpu should be changed to a intel. They say that i will only be able to play low/med settings in this game.

I got my RIG in january so its not that old, and still new to pc stuff lol, but with your opinions do use think i could be able to play at med/high settings, dont have money to buy random bits and realy wont be upgrading again anyway at least for a few years. I play with a resolution at 1680x1050.

(friends no more about computers than me though but the rig i got now was my uncles old/ freinds are probably talking out there **** pipe though lol)

Thanks

Your friends are idiots. Your setup will be more than fine. Perhaps try overclocking your CPU.

Soldato
getting some conflicted views here from my friends regarding BF3, i never played alpha but 2 of my friends did, they told me that i should be getting rid of the bad components in my rig (Posted Below), which i dont think are bad at all

CPU- amd phenom 2 x6, 1090t at 3.2ghz (just stock)
GPU- evga 580gtx, 1.5gb version
RAM- corsair 8GB

my friends say that i should get rid of my card and go for the lastest ATI as they say it runs better than nvds 580/590s series cards, and they also say that my cpu should be changed to a intel. They say that i will only be able to play low/med settings in this game.

Thanks

The GTX 580 is the best graphics card available right now, not including dual chip cards. You will be able to play on high settings.

Associate
I didn't take many screenshots, but a fair amount of video with Fraps.

Looking back I was shocking in some of it. But then I needed to configure my keys a bit on my Nostromo as I hadn't mapped my grenade key or crouch/prone.

Associate
Hope my PC will be able to run it. I have trouble running bfbc2 on low settings :(

Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.6ghz
xfx 4850
4GB ram
p5q pro

Your setup isnt to bad. I had the same a while back. But I upgraded to a quad core and my FPS shot up dramatically. Forstbite engine really loves quad core.

Associate
Have you got any temp monitoring software such as MSI Afterburner or Core Temp running? If so exit them the next time you run BC2.

Tried.

Along with a million other things inc disabling audio, un-clocking everything, turning off uac, asking nicely etc etc etc

It used to happen every now and then now i've got a 2nd 5850 its every 10 flipping minutes. Only happens on BC2.

Associate
I didn't really like the climb over objects rubbish, it made the game feel too floaty and less controllable. I find in most games learning how to jump over obstacles is part of the learning curve, and this just removes that.

Soldato
I didn't really like the climb over objects rubbish, it made the game feel too floaty and less controllable. I find in most games learning how to jump over obstacles is part of the learning curve, and this just removes that.

Not that I played the alpha, however it does look like a feature that encourages more 'run and gun' type play. I think this is a good thing as often on the larger maps I feel like I speed half the time running.

Associate
Not that I played the alpha, however it does look like a feature that encourages more 'run and gun' type play. I think this is a good thing as often on the larger maps I feel like I speed half the time running.

I'm all for the run and gun styled games. I get a bit bored sitting in a corner slowly making my way across the map. I just like to blast my way through people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom