Should I move to the iPad 3 when it's released?

Soldato
When it comes to gaming apps are most of them optimised to work on both iPod Touch and iPad? I'd hate to have to re-buy a game I already own.
A lot of the things I do on my iPod Touch 4g is browse the net, watch videos and play games. Thinking logically I think it'd better gaming on a bigger screen. I love gaming on my iPod Touch 4g my fav game at the moment is Aralon HD. It's the closes thing to getting Morrowind or Oblivion on any type of mobile device. I often find though it's hard to focus on such a small screen for hours and often miss an on screen button and hit another one next to it instead.

Associate
It's all just speculation and rumour. I can't seen a new model being announced until the new year, and I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait until April ish time for a release.

If you need one now, buy an ipad2 it's a new model. If you don't mind waiting 6-8 months for a new model, hold off buying one now.

Soldato
Retina based screen resolution 2x current ipad

That's just a rumor that was originally mean't to be for the iPad 2, but then that came out with the same 1024x768 resolution as the iPad 1, so now people are saying the iPad 3 will have the new screen. If it doesn't then people will say the iPad 4 will have the new screen. Basically its not confirmed and won't be until the day the iPad 3 is released.

(probably dual core as well)

Well the iPad 2 is dual core so I think its safe to say the iPad 3 will be dual core as well :p (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_A5)

Soldato
Apple would never be stupid enouge to release the Ipad3 before the PowerVR rouge chip is ready and that chip isn't ready till early 2012. I think March 2012 is the soonest we will see an Ipad3.

Soldato
I would wait as the screen needs a bump in res IMO, well worth the wait and a tablet you would be happy with for a while.

I would be very suprised if there wasn't a resolution bump.

Associate
Tricky one. I love my Ipad 2 and use it all the time, so definitely recommend it. That said, I would love it even more if the screen was higher res and will be sorely tempted to upgrade when the Ipad 3 comes out (if it has a better screen).

I reckon you would still be able to get quite a lot for an Ipad 2 on Ebay or the like, when the Ipad3 comes out, so if you are happy to sell it on then I say go for it. If not, then might be better to wait.

Associate
Yep, what Donkey Fumbler says. the Ipad 2 is fantastic so I wouldn't wait for the 3. Having said that, I will probably buy the iPad 3 when it comes out BECAUSE the Ipad 2 has been so fantastic (revolutionary in my computer use)

Associate
So you're asking a question when none of us even know what iPad 3 will be.

It might have retina then again it might not
It might have 3D then again it might not

etc etc

Soldato
You need to factor in the latency of apps appearing that are really going to push the A6/retina display as well, which to me is even more reason not to wait as you'll be waiting a while.

Back
Top Bottom