*****Official Deus Ex 3: Human Revolution discussion thread*****

Soldato
Has any1 used the Punch Through Wall arm aug?
So far I think I've only seen 1 instance where it could be used :confused:

Yes, and its definitely worth getting, i think you can still blow open walls with grenades and such(but i haven't tried it). There are 2 points that i know of in the game where smashing through a wall gets you a praxis kit. Its only one point to spend and you can even get free kills if someones behind the walls, you dont get any xp for it though.

Its also one of the anilities you have to get to unlock the recoil aug, which depending on what weapons you use can be pretty handy

Can i just jump into this game without playing the others?

This game is set before the others so you wouldn't be missing out

Soldato
yea most levels were pretty crappy compared to the originals multiple choice routes...

in this the games multiple choice routes are basicly..

A through the door
B through the vent in the wall

Yeah I do miss the wide open areas of the first game. They did a good job making alternative routes and everything but all the missions feel really enclosed. Fair enough Deus Ex obviously had enclosed missions too but this game is dominated by them.

I must say the number of random vent shafts conveniently located behind an object that can be picked up with/without strength aug is a little silly.

It highlights walls that can be broken if you have the aug. If you don't then you'll just have to keep an eye out for cracked walls. The aug pays for itself in China, 1 wall you can break in the sewers has a Praxis Kit behind it.

Soldato
Can anyone help me?

I am in the 1st City right now, with a full inventory, Assault Rifle, Pistol, Machine Piston, Revolver and Sniper Rifle. I need to get a Crossbow, but at the same time, do not want to lose any of my weapons.

I have read this thread about a safe I can use? Where is it? Someone said 'building where you get the silencer' and I have no idea what building that is?

Can you guys help please??

Man of Honour
Yeah I do miss the wide open areas of the first game. They did a good job making alternative routes and everything but all the missions feel really enclosed. Fair enough Deus Ex obviously had enclosed missions too but this game is dominated by them.

I must say the number of random vent shafts conveniently located behind an object that can be picked up with/without strength aug is a little silly.

It highlights walls that can be broken if you have the aug. If you don't then you'll just have to keep an eye out for cracked walls. The aug pays for itself in China, 1 wall you can break in the sewers has a Praxis Kit behind it.

Cool, just got the wall breaking aug before going to China :D

Soldato
Seems there are more than enough praxis points to go around. I'm up to 127,000 exp which is 25 praxis points, not to mention there must be at least 5-8 Praxis Kits I've picked up.

Though that is probably the more extreme exp amount. I've done all sidequests (I think...) I've mostly been trying to complete objectives with Ghost/Smooth Operator (only about half the time though). I've been KO'ing everyone for 50xp and occasionally double KO'ing for 125xp. I've hacked absolutely every lock I've found complete with databases. I've done every alternative route I've seen for the bonus exp and read all books I've found for 200xp.

So I'd imagine a more average/lethal playthrough would be 25-50k xp less.

Soldato
Yeah the only way I could see praxis points being an issue would be rushing through the game with minimal hacking/exploring. Any reasonably thorough playthrough should yield enough to get every aug you actually want and a few you just fancy giving a go.

Actually that goes for most things that you might initially feel the need to conserve (weapons/ammo/stop worms/nuke viruses). There's an even spread of all these throughout the game, even with a fully upgraded inventory my decisions always came down to which items I would have to cut rather than not having enough.

Last edited:
Associate
So, I finished this game yesterday afternoon.

I just don't understand all these good reviews, I found it to be average at best.

or maybe its just not your style game? CoD better?
for me,its one of the best games this year,ahead of Witcher 2,and you rarely see same series games so good.
im 39h in game,and just finished China ;) i like explore everything :cool:

Associate
or maybe its just not your style game? CoD better?
for me,its one of the best games this year,ahead of Witcher 2,and you rarely see same series games so good.
im 39h in game,and just finished China ;) i like explore everything :cool:

Less trying to insult me with typical CoD stuff!

I'll be perfectly frank, I want to like this game I really do but i found it to be a jack of all trades type of game, and accomplishing nothing great.

Associate
Less trying to insult me with typical CoD stuff!

I'll be perfectly frank, I want to like this game I really do but i found it to be a jack of all trades type of game, and accomplishing nothing great.

no insult,but you didnt said why you dont like it,no arguments whatsoever
there is space for improvement in DXHR,but overall 9.5/10 from me,reviews spot on this time,one of the GOTY

Back
Top Bottom