A desperation spec me a desk thread

Commissario
I need help. I can't for the life of me find a desk to replace the knackered old chipboard thing that's gone to the dump.

It needs to be roughly 150cm in width as I have a lot a of desk rubbish. Wooden of some sort, the lighter the better (in terms of shade). And not be too expensive. No more than £170 I'd say.

At the moment I've seen this on Ikea however it looks a bit cheap, not to mention it is cheap, and I'd ideally prefer to have drawers rather than the shelves.

Can anyone help? I've trawled Ikea, John Lewis, M&S and eBay is full of tatty crap :(

Associate
Having an Ikea desk myself I confirm they're cheap - MDF laminate etc :(

You can't find a local joiner to make you something simple and solid? Might not cost too much

Associate
Ikea desks are brilliant!

I was in need of some huge desk space so went there and bought the Glanat desktiop along with their Galant T legs and bobs your uncle you ahve yourself a cracking big desk and you can buy plenty of add ons to extend or turn it into an L shaped desk instead and so on. Plenty of cable tidy options available aswel and I think i paid about £120 for the lot but that was including a few extra bits n pieces

I got it originally for my audio workstation setup I had going through the comp so I needed the big space and it worked a treat!

The good thing is you can make it your owna swell as theres different sized tops and different shaped tops that you can chose from so its your imagination that creates your own style of desk... btw I love my ikea galant desk (you probably cant tell :p)

Im about to re-decorate my room and buy new furniture but theres no need for me to toss out the desk cos whatever colour/style I chose to go with will be able to get a new desk top since I alreayd have the legs and so on

EDIT: after seeing the posts above, the 'desks' you speak of are very flimsy hence why I suggest Galant instead, massive space and you get to pick the bits n bobs to make it sturdy for what you use it for

Commissario
OP
I hadn't seen this Office Supermarket website before, there's some great choices on here actually. Anyone ordered from there before though?

Permabanned
I hadn't seen this Office Supermarket website before, there's some great choices on here actually. Anyone ordered from there before though?

Going by the reviews on the internet their customer service seems dire. But I linked to it just so your could see the types of desks you could get more than a recommendation of their business. My own desk I ordered so long ago I can't remember the name of the place I got it from.

Soldato
Sheet of MDF, paint it whatever colour you want, buy two sets of drawers to match it each side and there you go. Should cost you well under budget and you'll end up with the exact shape you want!

Back
Top Bottom