All iPhone 5 speculation/rumours/wants thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I don't think 7th is a likely date. I have a feeling it will be post 11th. Given it is 10 years since 9/11 it might be seen as insensitive to have a big press event a few days before hand which may be liable to overshadow the remembrance.

I read this somewhere a few weeks ago, can't remember now though.

Soldato
Leaked pics of the new 4" iPhone 5!!!!

huaweihonor2.jpg

:o

:D

Huawei must have some darn good lawyers...

(looks like a great budget phone tbh :p)

Associate
To be honest I just want them to say there is going to be an event!!!

Sorry getting a bit tetchy now, my 3GS is doing my nut in as the battery when at about 25-30% causes the phone to power off if I use any app or the phone :(

Looks like the battery is fubared and the screen material needs changed as its a bit cracked as well. Its hacking me off that the battery is like this only after two years and one month of use!

Soldato
Much as I was expecting a 4" screen, the above article which suggests 3.7" does makes sense to be honest.

The resolution of the iPhone 4 screen wasn't spurious, they had to exactly double the resolution in each direction so they could support pixel-doubling with legacy apps rather than having to implement some nasty scaling. This means that they can't easily increase the resolution again without doubling once more which obviously isn't feasible with currect technology.

So they're stuck with 960x480 and so the reasoning behind not wanting to increase the size too much as it would reduce the PPI does make sense.

Frankly I don't think a 4" screen is necessary. Unless you watch loads of video or browse the web a lot then 3.5-3.7" is more than enough and actually easier to use with one hand (thumb) IMO.

Soldato
Ok thats sick, my 3GS is only worth £142 on recycling shops :( At this rate I will just make it my TV remote since it works with my Samsung TV :D

You'll probably get nearer £220 on eBay, although you can't really complain at that! You would probably get less than a third for an Android phone released around the same time (HTC Hero or similar).

Soldato
Much as I was expecting a 4" screen, the above article which suggests 3.7" does makes sense to be honest.

The resolution of the iPhone 4 screen wasn't spurious, they had to exactly double the resolution in each direction so they could support pixel-doubling with legacy apps rather than having to implement some nasty scaling. This means that they can't easily increase the resolution again without doubling once more which obviously isn't feasible with currect technology.

So they're stuck with 960x480 and so the reasoning behind not wanting to increase the size too much as it would reduce the PPI does make sense.

Frankly I don't think a 4" screen is necessary. Unless you watch loads of video or browse the web a lot then 3.5-3.7" is more than enough and actually easier to use with one hand (thumb) IMO.

It's 960*560 isn't it?

Man of Honour
That Galaxy S2 has a 4,2" Screen with only 800*480 and that looks stunning. Can't see why the resolution should have anything to do with screen size

Also, pixel density aside, it's still a standard resolution, there is nothing special about it.

The plus points of the SGS2 screen do not lie in its resolution and pixel density.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom