How do you deal with missing someone?

Associate
Not a lot you can do, moved out of the UK in June myself. All I'd say is plan visits/long weekends etc back with your friends, time flies by.

Soldato
You get used to it. Me and my girlfriend currently live at opposite ends of country, me the very north of Scotland, her london.

So when we're not at university, i.e over summer, we usually only see each other once or twice for a week at a time, and she's currently in Shanghai on an internship for 5 weeks!

It's just something you learn to get used to.

Associate
Ok, first off, I'm a guy and she's a girl. And, I think, by the sounds of it, it's just going to be a riding it out scenario. I will try my best to keep busy, as well. Thank you 'guys'. :)

Sounds like your a girl too.

"oooohhhh my bestest girw fwend is weaving me"

Soldato
OP
I'm just moving to France for a year to finish my degree, not far at all. It's just we see each other so regularly that not being able to is making me feel rather awful. Also, for the record, this isn't a stock 'I'm in love with my best friend, but she just thinks of me as a friend' plot.

Soldato
OP
Finally, why on Earth aren't you posting about being excited about France?! There are ways to keep in touch with your friend, and it's pretty cheap to visit one another, whereas a year studying abroad is a relatively rare experience.
Fair point. :D I'm studying at Sciences Po, Bordeaux and am super excited.

Back
Top Bottom