Pearleasnt Liquid cooling mix

Associate
They look amazing in the video dude!
At the moment ive got a crappy Thermaltake ceramic bearing, 400 L/Hour water pump, and
9.5mm ID(3/8") tubing, do you think the pump would be up for the job? Also would a larger tube size be beneficial for the visual effect?

Associate
OP
why do these fail ?

X20 750 Pump & Reservoir combo FAIL
Single Slot Pump & Reservoir combo FAIL

The pearl get's stuck in the parts of the res where dead water is. All so the pumps do not have a good over head pressure. Last but not least on the larger res there are air holes in the pump that suck in the pearl and then don't release it so the pearl ends up gathering in the pump and staying there.

It can easily be washed out afterwards how ever because this does happen it fails our tests. We do not advise new users to water cooling use these liquids. We do advise that you first learn your own system before hand and how water cooling works before using them.

BEn_2600+ They look amazing in the video dude!
At the moment ive got a crappy Thermaltake ceramic bearing, 400 L/Hour water pump, and
9.5mm ID(3/8") tubing, do you think the pump would be up for the job? Also would a larger tube size be beneficial for the visual effect?

in the video above in the blue liquid section im only using a 400 Ltr hour pump with ceramic bearing. as long as the pump is not submersed in a res i do not see a problem. (just checked the specs of the pump it will be fine)

I demand orange!! may try some of the gold when it comes out

the coolant looks awesome in the vid you've confirmed both my blocks will work with it

Patience is a virtue.

Mick

Associate
OP
Mayhem’s Aurora

Recommended Equipment

3/8” Tubing clear or above
Tube or Drive bay reservoir
GPU water block
CPU none restrictive water block
Any pump above 399 Ltrs Per Hour
Change out liquids every 6 months

*** Do not use Reservoir with pre inbuilt pump. ***

Mayhem’s Aurora +

Recommended Equipment

½” Tubing clear
Tube or Drive bay reservoir
GPU water block
CPU water block
Any pump above 399 Ltrs Per Hour
Change out liquids every 6 months

*** Do not use Reservoir with pre inbuilt pump. ***

All though every effort has been made to test Mayhem’s Aurora rang of fluids we cannot guarantee that the liquid will work in every system. We have tested a wide range of equipment and found that 95% of it works perfectly well with no adverse effects. However we cannot cater for every single setup out there. Aurora and Aurora + is for users who have a clear understanding of water cooling a pc and its iatrical components.

The difference between using normal plain water and Aurora and Aurora + is about 2c to 3c+ increase in temperature. This is very much dependant on your how your own system is set up.

We have found that Mayhem’s Aurora and Mayhem’s Aurora + has had no adverse effect on plated water blocks however normal wear and tear is still taken into account when using our fluids. If a water block has any damage to it on the plating our fluids may escalate this problem however we have not seen this in our testing.

Mayhem’s Aurora and Mayhem’s Aurora + contain no glycols and are based on environmentally friendly vegetable extract. Our testing range has been from 10c to 85c. We do not recommend using Mayhems Aurora or Mayhem’s Aurora + on systems were the temperature of the liquids may go over 90c.

Mayhem’s Aurora and Aurora + Contain patent pending technology.
Mayhem’s Aurora and Aurora + Do not contain any metal.
Mayhem’s Aurora and Aurora + Do not need biocide’s or Inhibitors.

Mayhems offer no guarantee with our liquids and are used at your own risk.

Mayhem's are now taking pre-orders for Mayhem's Aurora and Mayhem's Aurora + from re-sellers only.

ETA for Mayhems is Nov 2011.

Soldato
I love the concept but I'm a tad wary of filling my loop with it. I'll wait until its been on general release for a good while and for some real-world users to feed back before I try it.

Associate
OP
I love the concept but I'm a tad wary of filling my loop with it. I'll wait until its been on general release for a good while and for some real-world users to feed back before I try it.

we only do real world tests, and we use real world testers.

But i fully understand your concern

Associate
This stuff looks incredible, will probably try it out when I get my second loop up and running. I saw you don't recommend resovoirs with pre built pumps, would this apply to something like the RP-402X2 - Koolance bay resovoirs as well? Considering how the pumps are mounted into the res.

Great job Mick!

Associate
OP
This stuff looks incredible, will probably try it out when I get my second loop up and running. I saw you don't recommend resovoirs with pre built pumps, would this apply to something like the RP-402X2 - Koolance bay resovoirs as well? Considering how the pumps are mounted into the res.

Great job Mick!

No that should be fine as the Pumps are not submerged into the reservoirs they are just part of the reservoir. I did try and get Koolance to send me one for testing but they couldn't do that.

Its not easy to under stand some times i know. But any reservoirs were the pump is actually fully submersed is not a good idea. the reason for this is the Pearl gets sucked into the vents of the pump and doesn't get pulled back out. What you will see for the first day or so is some excellent effects but then quickly the pearl literally disappears. When you then flush each part of the system you see the pearl coming out of the side of the pumps inside the reservoir.

So under test these pumps are all fine ->

Laing DDC-1T Pro Pump 440 L/hr 10W (MCP350) : DDC-1T
Laing DDC-1+ Ultra Pump 600 L/hr 18W (MCP355) : DDC-1+ T
Koolance PMP-400 522L/ph 18W DDC Pump V3.25 : PMP-400
Swiftech MCP35X PWM DDC 18W Pump : MCP35X
Alphacool VPP655 / Laing D5 Single Edition Pump : VPP655SE
Koolance PMP-450 High Flow Pump : PMP-450
Koolance PMP-450S High Flow Pump : PMP-450S
Alphacool VPP655 / Laing D5 Vario 12V Pump with Conversion for 10/8mm, 3/8" or 1/2" Loops : VPP655-OT12
Laing D5 (Alphacool VPP655-T12) Variable Speed 12V Pump for 1/2" ID Tube : VPP655-T12
Aquacomputer Laing D5 Pump with Tachosignal
Alphacool VPP655 / Laing D5 with D5 High Flow Acetal Top : VPP655D5
Laing D5 (MCP655) Vario 12V Pump for 1/2" ID Tube
EK DCP 2.2 400lph 12V Compact Pump
Phobya DC12-220 400LPH 12V Compact Pump
Phobya DC12-260 600LPH 12V Compact Pump
EK DCP 4.0 800lph 12V Compact Pump
Phobya DC12-400 800LPH 12V Compact Pump
Koolance 420 L/ph Compact Pump : PMP-300
Eheim 1046 300 L/hr 12V Full Ceramic Bearing Pump ***
Aquacomputer Aquastream XT USB 12V Pump-Advanced Version ***
Aquacomputer Aquastream XT USB 12V Pump-Ultra Version ***

*** (as long as Pump as in-line and not submerged)

What will not work and are not recommended for use with these fluids

XSPC X2O 750 L/ph 12V Pump Rev2 with Dual Drive Bay Multi Fascia Acrylic Reservoir : X2O750BAY
XSPC X2O 450 L/ph 12V Compact Pump with Acrylic Reservoir : X2OP450
XSPC X2O 150 L/ph 12V Compact Pump with Acrylic Reservoir : X2OP150
XSPC 200L/ph 5.25" Drive Bay Pump & Reservoir Combo : X20 200

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Definitive guide for Reservoirs to use with this liquid -

DO NOT USE IN-LINE FILTERS WITH THIS LIQUID
DO NOT USE RESERVOIR FILTERS WITH THIS LIQUID
DO NOT USE ANY TYPE OF FILTER WITH THIS LIQUID

Working

Single 5.25" Drive Bay Reservoirs

Alphacool 5.25" Repack Single Bayres : Clear
XSPC 5.25" Single Drive Bay Reservoir in UV Blue : BR525UV
XSPC 5.25" Single Drive Bay Reservoir with Multi Fascia : BR525AL
Phobya 5.25" Single Drive Bay Reservoir Black and Plexi
Alphacool Repack-cooling slot-In Delrin white special edition
Alphacool Delrin 5.25" Single Drive Bay Reservoir with Plexi Front
Bitspower 5.25" Drive Bay Reservoir : BP-WT525P-BK
Koolance RP-401X2 Single 5.25" Drive Bay Reservoir for 1 or 2 Laing DDC Pumps : RP-401X2

Duel 5.25" Drive Bay Reservoirs

Alphacool 5.25" Repack Dual Bayres : Clear
XSPC 5.25" Dual Drive Bay Reservoir in UV Blue : BR525DUV
XSPC 5.25" Dual Drive Bay Reservoir for Dual Loop Multi Fascia : BR525DSPLT
Phobya Dual 5.25" Drive Bay Reservoir : Black
XSPC 5.25" Dual Drive Bay Reservoir Clear : BR525DUAL
XSPC 5.25" Dual Drive Bay Reservoir for Dual Loop & Two Laing DDC Pumps Multi Fascia : DDCBAYTWO
XSPC 5.25" Dual Drive Bay Reservoir for One Laing DDC Pump Multi Fascia : DDCBAYONE
XSPC Acrylic Dual 5.25” Reservoir for Laing D5
Primochill Myriad 5.25" Dual Drive Bay Resevoir 6 Port : Clear / Black
Primochill Myriad 5.25" Dual Drive Bay Resevoir 6 Port : Clear / Clear
Primochill Myriad 5.25" Dual Drive Bay Resevoir 6 Port : Clear / White
Primochill Myriad 5.25" Dual Drive Bay Resevoir 6 Port : UV Red Pink
Koolance TNK-500 5.25" Single Drive Bay Reservoir : TNK-501
Primochill Myriad Dual Bay Reservoir with Laing D5 Housing : Smoke
Primochill Myriad Dual Bay Reservoir with Laing D5 Housing : Clear
Primochill Myriad Dual Bay Reservoir with Laing D5 Housing : Clear / UV Blue
Primochill Myriad Dual Bay Reservoir with Laing D5 Housing : Green / UV Green
Primochill Myriad Dual Bay Reservoir with Laing D5 Housing : UV Red / Pink
Koolance RP-452X2 Dual 5.25" Reservoir Single / Dual Loop for 1 or 2 D5 (MCP655) Pumps : RP-452X2 Rev1.3
Koolance RP-402X2 Dual 5.25" Reservoir Single / Dual Loop for 1 or 2 Laing DDC Pumps : RP-402X2

TO BE COMPLETED (its sataday and i could do with a rest pmsl ;) )

Associate
OP
To confirm we have had testers confirm our findings with Mayhem's Aurora and we happy to say that at normal running temps Aurora and Aurora + is +2c / +3C above water.

There has been no visible signs of clogging and no visible signs of brake downs.

Aurora as of Monday 12/09/2011 has now moved into production stage.

Thank you goes out to

Gilgamesh and VileLasagna and the two other testers (whom are under NDA, you know who you are )

Soldato
can you test heatkiller CPU blocks please? pretty popular blocks and I want pearlescent in my rig:D

also how long does it take to flush the system and revert back to normal water say, with no particles left in there...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom