Best format to save CV in?

Permabanned
I originally had my CV typed up in windows Wordpad but I heard from quite a few places I sent my CV to that they were unable to open the file. So then I downloaded Open Office and saved it in .odt form but I'm being told not everyone can open that.

So which is the best format/word processor to use?

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
.doc

Had numerous emails back from people saying cant open .pdf when I sent a few in .pdf format.

Unless is specifically states .pdf then I always send .doc now, and definately not .docx

And wow wordpad? Just get Word...

Soldato
.doc

Had numerous emails back from people saying cant open .pdf when I sent a few in .pdf format.

Unless is specifically states .pdf then I always send .doc now, and definately not .docx

And wow wordpad? Just get Word...

A company that doesn't have PDF reading software? lol

I always send mine as a PDF. If you send it out as a DOC anyone could edit it :/

RDM

RDM

Soldato
A company that doesn't have PDF reading software? lol

I always send mine as a PDF. If you send it out as a DOC anyone could edit it :/

I know of at least one major bank where there was no pdf reading software as part of their standard desktop. Which means that anybody that wanted it would need to request it from service desk.

Soldato
I know of at least one major bank where there was no pdf reading software as part of their standard desktop. Which means that anybody that wanted it would need to request it from service desk.

Most major banks do not invite direct CV submissions - you would fill out online an application form or submit your CV to a recruitment agency.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Most major banks do not invite direct CV submissions - you would fill out online an application form or submit your CV to a recruitment agency.

You would be suprised...

Regardless, that is a major company with pdf reading software. It really is quite common especially with large enterprises with standard desktops.

Soldato
This came up only a few weeks ago. I've always used PDF and assumed that everyone else did until the previous thread where people suggested .doc. Apparently some agencies like to be able to remove your contact details from your CV so that all the contact goes through them? Sounds pretty dodgy to me, I'd just use PDF...

Back
Top Bottom