What is the luckiest thing to happen to you

Soldato
Getting free of Northern Ireland this year so I can have a sensible life again :)

That and winning a guess the lego competition at 7 and getting a lego technic prize (I used maths to work out the vole of bricks used to make a model, mum was well impressed).

Oh and I found a fiver once, it was raining so I felt I had to take it

Man of Honour
Buying a reasonably decent house in a reasonably decent area for £28K. I hadn't studied the housing market and evaluated prices or anything like that, I just lucked into deciding to buy at what turned out to be the perfect time. So now I'm paying a mortgage that is buttons, probably about half what I'd now be paying in rent if I hadn't bought it then.

Associate
I found a lump in my neck a couple of years ago, and got told I'd need an operation to remove it. I very nearly choked on a piece of food the day before the op.

I got told that i would be left with a small scar about an inch long that would just look like a crease in my neck.

woke up to this:

5853_114213202006_696747006_2810753_3557405_n.jpg

and got told it was much bigger than it looked from the outside because it had grown inwards rather than out, and I was lucky I had the op or Id probably have ended up choking on something!

Associate
I used to work right next to London Bridge Station. Went to the cash point one Friday night before going out and the bloke in front of me was falling all over the place drunk. I stepped up and stuck my card in and saw that he'd taken his money out of the slot and put it back down on the numberpad. I looked around but he'd already disappeared into the crowd and I wasn't leaving as my card was in the machine. He hadn't come back by the time I finished, so I went home £300 richer.

Soldato
I used to work right next to London Bridge Station. Went to the cash point one Friday night before going out and the bloke in front of me was falling all over the place drunk. I stepped up and stuck my card in and saw that he'd taken his money out of the slot and put it back down on the numberpad. I looked around but he'd already disappeared into the crowd and I wasn't leaving as my card was in the machine. He hadn't come back by the time I finished, so I went home £300 richer.

Press 'cancel', get your card back within seconds, then go after him.

Associate
I made it to that egg about 9 months before I was born.

One in about 12 billion chance or so :)

Now that's more than lucky. <Insert youtube clip of the dog in the car insurance advert based on luck>

Back
Top Bottom