going to london next weekend...

Soldato
Cinnamon Club for dinner

Embankment Tattershall Castle for a few drinks

Covent Garden for more drinks

:rolleyes:

There really is a few thousand combinations you could choose from... It's hard to go wrong when you're in the city, unless you head into Leicester Sq for example.

I hope you don't mind loud atmospheres (friendly but loud), Friday most places will be packed out with City workers, Tattershall Castle can get quite lively, top deck packed etc. Tattershall is one of my favourite little places in london, drinking on a nice evening in front of the london eye on the thames is fantastic.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bad advice, get an Oyster card (£3 refundable) and go that way, miles cheaper.

Not quite - the Oyster card cap is the same as a travel card so assuming you make enough journeys to pay the price of a travel card (i.e. 2!) then you're no better off getting the Oyster card other than convenience. It is a £5 refundable charge now too, the price went up this year just before I got one :p

I went to London a few weeks ago - the British Museum is a good recommendation too, if a little full of tourists. There's a couple of excellent pubs nearby too!

Soldato
Cinnamon Club for dinner

Embankment Tattershall Castle for a few drinks

Covent Garden for more drinks

:rolleyes:

There really is a few thousand combinations you could choose from... It's hard to go wrong when you're in the city, unless you head into Leicester Sq for example.

I hope you don't mind loud atmospheres (friendly but loud), Friday most places will be packed out with City workers, Tattershall Castle can get quite lively, top deck packed etc. Tattershall is one of my favourite little places in london, drinking on a nice evening in front of the london eye on the thames is fantastic.

I would echo the above suggestions, Tattershall Castle is nice on a dry evening.

Soldato
Covent garden
Regent st
Buckingham palace
Whitehall/10 downing st
St pauls cathedral
Houses of parliament
Marble arch
One of the many parks
Camden Market
Art gallery's
Nelsons column
One of the many museums
As for food... Well the list is endless.

Soldato
OP
just checked into the hotel and was offered a hot towel while at reception, what the hell do you do with that?

i left it so as not to do something stupid :p

Soldato
Go to Greenwhich/Cutty Sark - it's a nice part of London people often forget. Stick to the touresty bits.
Canary Wharf is great if you're into tall buildings.
Take a cruise up the Thames on the Thames Clipper.
Neeesden temple - it's wonderful.
Southwark Cathedral is great.

Soldato
just checked into the hotel and was offered a hot towel while at reception, what the hell do you do with that?

i left it so as not to do something stupid :p

I read that as "hat towel". :o A hot towel is just to wipe your hands/face. Refreshing after travelling, a nice touch. I have no idea what you'd do with a hat towel though!

Soldato
Don't bother with Oxford Street, it's hellish and is only your generic high street shops anyway (H&M, New Look etc.). If you want to take her to some posh shops then check out New (Old?) Bond Street or Kings Road. Covent Garden is a nice middle-ground, but also hellish due to sheer amount of tourists.

its mostly hellish, but it has several massive department stores. Selfridges is a great place to shop.

Associate
As far as restaraunts are concerned -

Rib Bar and Oyster Room (near Sloane Square) - This place is quite posh and expensive, but very worth it. Best Steak I've ever had!!

Guacho Grill (Regent Street or Liverpool Street) - Just slightly less expensive than the above, does amazing steaks (almost as good as above).

Associate
Harvey Nichols first for a shop and browse..
35747_harvey_nichols__hosting_dinner.jpg

Then dinner and drinks at Kensington Roof Gardens
kengardens1.jpg

Perfect start to the week in London. :D

Soldato
OP
just had a walk to apollo victoria and back to see the area were going to, cut through green park and past buckingham palace.

were in a bit of a posh area then the switch to tourist area is quite sudden :p

every other car we pass is a porsche. have seen many rollers going past too.

gonna get a shower and head out to the show and find somewere to eat after.

went down new bond street and have a chuckle to my self at some of the 'designer' outfits people wear.

Back
Top Bottom