Asus' F1A75-I Deluxe - Llano MITX Mobo

Associate
Does look good think I will be looking for the standard F1A75-I as from what I can see all the deluxe offers as an extra over the standard is Bluetooth & a Displayport which I doubt I would ever use but I guess it all comes down the the price if its only a couple of quid more then who knows.

Some more info here

Waits patiently for release :)

Associate
I've been running an A8-3850,F1A75-m pro combo for a week or so now on a 150w pico.
8gb 1866 Gskill,(got it cheap while I was in the states a few weeks ago)1 ssd,1 3tb storage drive,a slimline bluray,usb wireless dongle,mouse and keyboard and a couple of 80mm case fans.

I was a bit worried at first as slimline opticals have a large power draw on spin up,but after stressing everything thoroughly for a few days it's running great.

Gaming on 720p with medium/high detail (depends on game) is fantastic without having to switch on the powerhouse watercooled (electric eating)beast.

Media playback is also fantastic,plays perfectly anything I've thrown at it in umpteen formats and resolutions without missing a beat and more importantly no stutter,ever!

So my point is that for anyone who was worried about running one of these on a pico is don't be,it's fine.

Associate
Legion, have you got any pics and stuff ? A pic might explain all the kit you have in there alittle more than words (atleast in my eyes) :p

Associate
Legion, have you got any pics and stuff ? A pic might explain all the kit you have in there alittle more than words (atleast in my eyes) :p

Not atm,waiting for a new case to arrive before I do a brief build log.

I appreciate many people have little understanding of pico psu's,but this thread is not about my system.

The point of the post(and list of components) is to confirm that you dont need to wait for 65w Llano's to run a pretty packed system (htpc wise) on a pico psu.

Which is what many people reading the thread will be wondering as Llano build logs and day to day living with it are still pretty much non existant.

Last edited:
Associate
You only mention gaming at 720.

Are you able to run older games, like TF2, L4D2 at 1080 at decent frame rates (i'd say 40-60).

Soldato
Not atm,waiting for a new case to arrive before I do a brief build log.

I appreciate many people have little understanding of pico psu's,but this thread is not about my system.

The point of the post(and list of components) is to confirm that you dont need to wait for 65w Llano's to run a pretty packed system (htpc wise) on a pico psu.

Which is what many people reading the thread will be wondering as Llano build logs and day to day living with it are still pretty much non existant.

I am really interested in doing this. How did you work out what the system could handle?

Associate
A8-3850 is rated at 100w TDP.
I've had the rest of the kit running an i5 2500k build a few months ago which is rated at 95w.

No brainer really,I was a bit twitchy at first though as the gpu in llano's is a lot more powerful than intel's offerings.

The whole system draws ~70w watching HD/general pc use,goes up to around 110w with games that stretch the cpu and gpu.

I really wouldn't recommend you run one of these on anything less than a 150w pico.

Associate
They seem to be in stock on some sites now. Search for part number 90-MIBGQ0-G0EAY0GZ. Are overclockers planning to stock them any time soon?

Now if only the Amd a8-3800 would become available!

Last edited:
Associate
If you don't mind hunting in a rainforest you can find an Asrock ITX Llano board - A75M-ITX. The dual and triple core Llano's seem to be around too - which I think would be best suited for ITX builds.

Associate
If only they would bring the Llano out with the equivalent of a 6870 on it :(
Really want an itx gaming build but wanted to keep power down to a minimum - but thanks to BF3 looks like it will be impossible - so going to have to go 15 2500k and 6870

Back
Top Bottom