Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Bizarre if they're selling off all this years bikes and not bringing out next years until March. What are they planning to do, not sell any bikes for 6 months? :confused:

Soldato
Exactly my take on it is the 2011 bikes are gone and no more will be made because the 2012 ones are on the way, seems pretty daft to show a complete bike and offer test rides when its not due for 6+ months.

Soldato
Mmm just read on a german forum that delivery times are expected around January following the recent test ride event Canyon held for the new bikes. Guess only time will tell the true story.

Just spoke to Canyon in Germany with a guy who had flakey english but at least got somewhere.

They have framesets only left now, all the bikes are gone, information regarding the 2012 bikes along with pricing and delivery schedules will be on there site in a couple weeks time. :)

next time click the UK bit at the top of the site and get details for the UK service centre, you'll speak to English people then ;)

Associate
Got a question for you guys

I decided i going to stick with hardtail instead of getting a FS as it just too costly to maintain and a good hardtail can do most things a FS can do anyhow tbh most of the time:D

Question is, should i upgrade my rockhopper frame?

Or should i buy new hardtail like the canyon AL 8 for around 1k.....

Or maybe a new frame like on-one 456 carbon...

help lol:)

Associate
£1700 max - what 'do all' long travel bike's should i be looking at after missing out on the nerve AM7?

Last edited:
Soldato
KMC X10 thats the one with re-usable master links right? I know the SRAM 10spd ones your not meant to use them again.

Yes. Although I thought the KMC and Sram powerlinks were much the same.

£1700 max - what 'do all' long travel bike's should i be looking at after missing out on the nerve AM7?

I'm not biased at all :p:

http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/index.php?page=product&info=162

The YT has a much slacker HA so it's going to be more gravity orientated.

Soldato
I know absolutely nothing about bikes - Is this a good choice?

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/hardrock-2011-mountain-bike-ec024187

I read that Specialized are a reliable brand and I couldn't really go wrong with one of theirs.

I have that bike and its seen me fine both on and off-road (Red route round Glentress). I would recommend spending that wee bit more and getting the disc brake version if you plan on upgrading the forks though as the v-brake one doesn't come with disc compatible hubs on the wheels.

At £280, you can't go wrong TBH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom