Been along time away....spec help please.

Associate
I think its been about six years since Ive posted in here. My Opteron system has finally outgrown its 'service life' and I need a new system.

Ive been out of the game so long all the numbers and letters are different to before, apart from the ones after the £ sign. Could you more current minds spec me something for about £200 to start with, the idea being that at later dates better components will be added? So all I need to start with is a mobo, processor and some ram. As said, as money arrives Ill be replacing the slowest components with better items, so everything needs to be compatible with the fastest stuff available today.

GFX I can handle, as well as storage, case monitor etc....

Thanks guys (And gels)

P.

Associate
OP
HDD is in hand, so no worries about that. Also I realised that I would also need to get a new PSU, and probably a new case. So, assuming its all the same as before, itll be ATX (or whatever the 'normal' form factor is now).

It also occured to me that it would probably be best to get one really good thing for the money, e.g great mobo and then just a slow chip and ram to go with it, rather than 3 mediocre items that will all need upgrading.

Cheers all!

P

Back
Top Bottom