Puzzle help (PuzzleOcelot)

Man of Honour
OP
Hard to find fault in your logic on that one, I wonder if it's just not accepting the right answer because it seems far too much of a coincidence that all the other numbers match.

Aye. When I got the specific shade(s) of colour I was sure one of them would work. Might see if I can get in touch with the host to see what's up. I have noticed a couple of mistakes in other puzzles (either that or I'm not working them out right), so I guess it's possible. Anything to put me out my misery:p

Soldato
Aye. When I got the specific shade(s) of colour I was sure one of them would work. Might see if I can get in touch with the host to see what's up. I have noticed a couple of mistakes in other puzzles (either that or I'm not working them out right), so I guess it's possible. Anything to put me out my misery:p

you got me thinking maybe the answer was something to do with the question name. Along the right lines, maybe suggesting what line the train is from or is currently from. i don't think the answer will be a colour

Man of Honour
OP
you got me thinking maybe the answer was something to do with the question name. Along the right lines, maybe suggesting what line the train is from or is currently from. i don't think the answer will be a colour

The question name got me thinking of trains in the first place. Never thought it could be the actual line the train worked out. Just tried what lines I could find from Duck's page on the Thomas the Tank wiki (great site lol) but unfortunately none of them are working.

Soldato

Yeah, to be honest a lot of these are nowhere near the standard of puzzledonkey, they are far too abstract and there's very little/nothing to go on so no real place to start. In PD there was (nearly) always a logical link or a clue that whilst subtle would at least give you something to go on.

Maybe one day we'll get another round of PD, for now it's back to the crosswords!

Soldato
The question name got me thinking of trains in the first place. Never thought it could be the actual line the train worked out. Just tried what lines I could find from Duck's page on the Thomas the Tank wiki (great site lol) but unfortunately none of them are working.

Yeah i tried a lot from wiki too, the first thing i thought was ducks name was montague but that didn't work either.

did you get question 1 SWYS

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah i tried a lot from wiki too, the first thing i thought was ducks name was montague but that didn't work either.

did you get question 1 SWYS

Yep, but it only made sense after I got it!

Spoiler, highlight below:

The first two pictures were easy enough but I had to guess the word on those two alone. Find out what the 'pet name' of the phone in question is and you're there.

Soldato
As ricky says there's really no specific mindset. I just try and approach the questions from as many angles as possible - but a lot of them take time to find the right approach. For the say what you see questions I like to write down all the possibilities for each picture then try and find something that fits.

I will share my workings for number 17, in the hope someone can either finish it or tell me I'm going down the wrong route.

Possible spoiler!

The numbers and colours match up with Thomas the tank engine.

1 = Blue (Thomas)
2 = Blue (Edward)
3 = Green (Henry)
4 = Blue (Gordon)
5 = Red (James)
6 = Green (Percy)
7 = Brown (Toby)
8 = Green (Duck)

Duck was given number 8 on his arrival. He was painted green, but this doesn't work. The type of green is "GWR Green" or "Brunswick green" - neither of which are correct either! I've tried his name(s), and also went down the path that number 8 could be Emily rather than Duck, but still nothing fits. GRRRRRR!!

Thomas

Edward

Henry

Gordon

James

Percy

Toby

Bertie

Is the order I see them in, it makes him a red bus, but I can't find variations of red that work either.

Soldato
Oooh do tell (or hint)! Yeah the only way I can see to contact them is by leaving a message on the front page.

Erm well it's pretty pointless giving a hint i just think the answer to the question is wrong.

If you want me to just tell then just say lol

ANSWER HIGHLIGHT TO REVEAL
The answer is Percy , altho i have no idea why i've tried multiple combinations to come up with Percy but i can't see a way of doing it hence why i think it's wrong. The only reason i typed percy was because i was thinking of thomas's green trains.

Oh now give me the answer to Q1 LOL

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Erm well it's pretty pointless giving a hint i just think the answer to the question is wrong.

If you want me to just tell then just say lol

Oh now give me the answer to Q1 LOL

Jesus don't think I would have ever got that! OK an answer for an answer then:p

Axe / Seller / Rant = accelerant

Soldato
Jesus don't think I would have ever got that! OK an answer for an answer then:p

OMG i don't believe it, i was trying exhuberant etc etc. i thought it had something to do with onions PMSL.

i can't figure out the one with the Jurassic park scene not sure if the arrow means doctor the name of the actress or her name in the film?

don't think my mind is cut out for these type of things LOL

Back
Top Bottom