Touchpad Alternative....

Associate
Do not need a Tablet, however the hysteria over the TP has made the left hand side of my brain want one, however i have given up in getting one and am seeking an alternative...

Options...using my €100 on Fnac

or

a Hansspree

Vous êtes Français?

AndyPAD Pro? Quite cheap.

Do you have a budget as such? Or is a tablet all you want, money to factor? :p

iPad 2 - depending on what you will be doing.

Transformer - again, depending on usage, and if you fancy typing/or are currently typing a lot, the integration of the dock is great and would work perfectly with a busy life style.

Galaxy Tab 10.1 - again, usage, and price point.

There are also quite a few alternatives, like the AndyPAD Pro, then there is the likes of the Advent VEGA, running Android 2.2 as standard (probably get a gingerbread/honeycomb port for it)

Also the Original Galaxy Tab. It still is a decent specced tablet, will do most things as it runs Android 2.2 and i know there are ports for honeycomb (i also think there is an official release of gingerbread for it :p)

Also, that link has EXPIRED, meaning the deal won't be available from HotUKDeals.

Associate
OP
Vous êtes Français?

AndyPAD Pro? Quite cheap.

Do you have a budget as such? Or is a tablet all you want, money to factor? :p

iPad 2 - depending on what you will be doing.

Transformer - again, depending on usage, and if you fancy typing/or are currently typing a lot, the integration of the dock is great and would work perfectly with a busy life style.

Galaxy Tab 10.1 - again, usage, and price point.

There are also quite a few alternatives, like the AndyPAD Pro, then there is the likes of the Advent VEGA, running Android 2.2 as standard (probably get a gingerbread/honeycomb port for it)

Also the Original Galaxy Tab. It still is a decent specced tablet, will do most things as it runs Android 2.2 and i know there are ports for honeycomb (i also think there is an official release of gingerbread for it :p)

Also, that link has EXPIRED, meaning the deal won't be available from HotUKDeals.

Cheers for reply:-

Budget around €170-€250. Would add the €100 FNAC voucher on top of that.

Have a laptop so this is a like to have that need to have purchase.

Requirements:-
Web Browser
Decent access to apps.
Access to BBCq/4OD
Decent bit of disk space.
Ability to watch films on the device.
WIFI

Like to have
3G

Associate
Cheers for reply:-

Budget around €170-€250. Would add the €100 FNAC voucher on top of that.

Have a laptop so this is a like to have that need to have purchase.

Requirements:-
Web Browser
Decent access to apps.
Access to BBCq/4OD
Decent bit of disk space.
Ability to watch films on the device.
WIFI

Like to have
3G

Samsung Tab 3g then. Plus you can take it out with you since its not that heavy.

Associate
OP
Soldato
Definitely wait a few weeks.

Also screen issues are slightly fixed. It still isn't using a very high quality LCD or IPS screen.

Soldato
Screen is awful on the Vega, a pretty important feature for a tablet.

I have used a Xoom and an iPad and whilst the Vega falls quite a bit short of those two in terms of screen quality I certainly would not call it awful.

I am running the Vega now with the latest build of HC 3.2 and it is fine for what I want the tablet for and for what I am willing to pay.

Back
Top Bottom