Which celebs have you met and how were they?

Associate
Carrying on from the man crush and Carl Foggarty threads, I'm wondering which celebs have you met entirely by accident, if you talked to them and how they were. Lets not count those you stalked :p

For me: Lewis Collins of The Professionals fame about 20 years ago. A friend and I walked into our local and he was on his own having a pint at the bar. We got talking as my mate had just been accepted for training with the Parachute Regiment and I knew Lewis did a fair bit of sport parachuting including with members of the Para display team. Was a top bloke, very chatty, not at all up his own bum. Liked his drink (or 6). Met him a few times in the pub while he was performing in a play in Bromley.

Windsor Davies, from It Ain't 'Alf Hot Mum. A bunch of us chaps were going for a curry and popped into the pub opposite for a freshener beforehand. He was in there having a chat to the owner. I think we just told him we all loved his performance (several of us having been in the army). Again a very nice bloke and called us all 'lovely boys' which he probably is sick and tired of, for buying him a drink.

The brunette actress who played the female Officer in Soldier Soldier. Bumped into her in a pub and didn't recognize her until a mate pointed out who she was. Could have been anybody really because no-one was talking to her as if she was famous.

Jason Leonard, the rugby legend. A bunch of us chaps and wives/gf's went to a Harlequins game as part of a birthday treat. He walked in the in-ground bar with half the playing team afterwards. Genuine down to earth bloke, passionate about the game and all that goes with it. Could have chatted to him all night to be honest. Told us loads of stories about nights out on tours, but couldn't remember who it was that Wade Dooley knocked out with a banjo :)

Caporegime
Johnny Herbert - Sold him a phone when i worked at CPW, proper down to earth chap and really nice to talk to.

Quentin Wilson - Sold him a phone too, was proper stuck up and full of himself.

Caporegime
Cat Deeley. She was very nice. Big mole on her back though :p

John powell (big time hollywood film composer)- Great guy, very humble.

Last edited:
Soldato
david beckham - nice bloke
bradd pitt - nice bloke, couldn't stop laughing (think he was stoned tbh)
robert plant - was like talking to a cool uncle
cat deeley - lovely

Permabanned
I met Gary Bailey (ex man utd goal keeper) he is a presenter in south africa for sports shows, like Gary Lineker. So he is quite famous in south africa. I met him cause my friend dad new the coach of a sa premier league team. So i was on the side of the pitch and he was there. I met him, didn't say much though.

Associate
Mr Motivator - Top Bloke, really nice. Wet with sweat....

Peter Andre - Again, a really nice down to earth bloke. I met him when I was volunteering at the Junior Great North Run (about 8ish years ago?) when he had just started goin out with Jordan.

Tracey Beaker - at the same event. She was properly stuck up. Probably a side effect of being so famous and so young.

Girls Aloud - Also at that event. Didn't chat to them too much, but they seemed happy enough.

Robson Green - He was in a cafe near where I work and he signed an autograph for my mum. He did it without moaning, but he wasn't chatty or chirpy. Still he wasn't ruse about it.

Soldato
I've met lots of footballers (the whole mid-to-late-90s Manchester United, Liverpool, Everton, Blackburn Rovers, Barnsley, Derby team sheets) and they were all nice and generally professional. I even saw Gary Speed's pee-pee, which was nice.

The only **** was Robbie Fowler.

James Cordon, years before he was nationally famous was alright.
Julia Hardy, a gaming TV presenter, was alright recently.
BBC's Nick Robinson had three mobile phones on him, bizarrely.
CJ de Mooey from Eggheads was alright despite his on-screen reputation (he auditioned for me ;))

Soldato
The ones that stick in my mind are:

Rory Bremner - Idiot.
Sir Michael Parkinson - Thoroughly decent bloke.
James Purefoy (Solomon Cane) - Another very decent bloke.

Caporegime
I also met Timmy Mallet when I was younger and got lost at a gig he was doing, I got to sit with him and got hit by Mallet's Mallet whilst waiting for my mum to come and find me.

Got a photo of me being hit on the head with one those plasters on my chin.

Soldato
Favourite celeb experience was meeting John Salako. I said I was a big fan and that he was playing for the team I supported, so asked if I could buy him a drink. He declined, only to say that he'd get the round in.

Then I bumped into him in a different room in the club later that night, he called me over to do shots with him and then talked me past the bouncers into the VIP lounge to hang out with his mates.

On top of all that, when I said I'd lost my bank card he gave me a tenner for a cab home.

Awesome bloke.

Soldato
Mathew Horne, He was staying at a hotel I was working at a few years ago. ~7am he came down for breakfast (I didnt know he was staying lol)

He sat at the bar drinking an Orange juice and we talked about random crap for 10 mins, Nice genuine bloke.

Associate
Leigh Francis (Keith Lemon), met him at V festival. Really nice bloke, very funny and had time for everyone. Jade from Damage was with him and he was really nice as well. Basiaclly two very nice, funny and down to earth blokes.

Associate
I met the chuckle brothers years ago. Also, not really celebrity either, but a few of the guys from dirty sanchez were puking up behind me at Reading Festival one year. Seemed nice chaps.

Associate
A friend of mine won a competion through Carlsberg to go to the Birmingham City training ground and train with their coach and I got the other place. Matthew Upson who played for them at the time trained also, although he was abit of a git and refused to sign autographs for the majority. Also, Phil Neal was there (European cup winner with Liverpool) who took part in the training. I scored a penalty against him :)

Associate
Colin Hendry - Well stuck up himself
Keith Harris - decent bloke (yes he had Orville and the monkey there too)
Roger DeCoursey - alright from what i can remeber
Bucks Fizz - they were alright, but nearly killed one of them with unfortunate smoke and strobe effects......oops
Bobby Davro - nice bloke that liked to party......say no more
Hugh Dennis - sat opposite him on a train from Fareham to London. Had a great giggle when someone walked past us and caught his ripped jeans on the arm of the chair and gfell flat on his ass.
Christopher Biggins - he was in town doing panto and was dining next door to where me and Mrs S were having a few drinkies. She went into proper crazy fan mode (she had been on the cocktails and is Scottish). Was a thoroughly nice bloke and chatted away quite happily for a while.
Chris Lawler (ex Liverpool and England footballer) - cant really class that as he is a family friend

Back
Top Bottom