Which celebs have you met and how were they?

Permabanned
They're meant to bring it to the kitchen?! Ocado haven't yet. Next time the wife can answer the door, then maybe they'll be more inclined to stick it all the way in. So to speak.

:D

Seriously though:

It is Ocado and Waitrose who we have deliver to us. Both bring it into the kitchen and when my wife had a broken wrist, one chap helped her put away the heavier items.

Seriously excellent service from Waitrose.

Soldato
Cyndi lauper - chatting for 10mins with her. One of the sweetest persons you'd ever meet, she seems genuinely grateful for the life and fame she had

Soldato
Trevor Nelson was a decent bloke when I met him, Rory McIlroys coach, Michael, though hardly a celeb, is a thoroughly nice guy, he is the head professional at our place too.

Permabanned
Payne Stewart, well I didnt meet him, I met him golf ball that hit me at the 1998 Open, he didn't even say sorry or come over to me, I stopped him going in deep ruff as well.

He died in a plane crash in 1999.

Soldato
My favourite by far was when I met Colin McRae. I was on a small internal flight in middle Finland with my missus at the time and we had to sit in seperate seats. She ended up sitting next to him (I did not know) and she told him I was a massive Rally fan. He actually came to find me in the little airport when we landed and we had a really good chat whilst he was waiting to be picked up.

He told me that he was testing out there and I asked where. He said he did not know as his Finnish was really poor and he could not remember, but if I found out where it as, he would be happy to let me sit in the passenger seat for a while as he was driving about. :D

I never found out where he was testing. :(

R.I.P Colin.

Soldato
Frank Carson,top bloke,was cracking jokes and there was only me and him.

Jim mcdondald off corrie,proper miserable and grumpy just like his screen role.

Joanna lumley,lovely woman and very kind and plesant to talk to,not bad looking for her age.

Zarra phillips,said nothing but i could feel her eyes looking at me and thinking you dirty common peasant lol

Kate winslet,very shy i thought and dressed down to keep low profile.

Ronnie corbet,hehe top bloke.

Alan hanson and david moyles,pleasant enough,but didnt like to open their wallets,lol thats a typical jock that.

Man of Honour
Jim Bowen in a pub in Mayfair when I was about 23, he was with 2 old birds on the lash and had about an hour just mucking about with me and 3 mates, telling us jokes and drinking. He was a really good laugh and a nice chap.

Claudia Schiffer have bumped into her a few times and used to vaguely know her younger sister.

Hugh Grant was in front of me in a security line at Heathrow and was impatient and rude as if he shouldn't have to be treated like everyone else (it was a fast business class line anyway)

Nicholas Parsons at a wedding, just a nice old duffer

Lord Richard Attenborough had a meeting with him for a couple of hours, lovely man, very interested/interesting

Someone famous for being wealthy and not much else (who will remain nameless) once offered me £2k to punch Nick Hancock who was drinking on the next table to us in a bar - I did not.

Tim Burgess from the Charlatans shared a pint of red wine with me and mate at a Charlatans gig in the late 80s and was funny (me and my mate were only about 15 or 16 at most!)

I met Christopher Biggins and David Hasselhoff on the same evening earlier this year. Both good sports. Biggins was pretty funny.

edit: also welsh rugby people, met Gareth Edwards when I was a boy and was given a ball signed by the whole of that legendary team, put it away safely and got it out about 10 years ago as I was going to sell it for a charity auction and the ink had degraded leaving one, pristine ball!

Last edited:
Soldato
Loads my dad was a body guard for Iron Maiden for like 20 years, been to download, Reading etc all back stage and introduced to literally most bands and band members, met all of the WWF when they came over to England like 18 years ago or something dad was friends with the big wigs, got autographs etc, met Andre the Giant before her died. Met Andre Aggassy and Brooke Shields(sp), Lennie Henry, Lenox Lewis, some famous baseball players when they came to England to watch Iron Maiden. Used to train MMA/K1 with Alex Reid, Gary Turner etc, met Neil Grove and know loads of MMA lads.

Out of everyone I met the only guy I didn't like was Marilyn Manson.

Man the list goes on -.-

Few more of the top of my head albeit I can't remember them
George Michael
Meat Loaf
ACDA
Some of Frankie Goes to Hollywood
Some of Stiff Little Fingers
Wasp
and many more -.-

Also the best one depending on how you look at it...

Garry Glitter - I have a picture of him holding me as a baby!

Last edited:
Soldato
I met Rowan Atkinson shortly after the last episode of Blackadder goes forth was aired in my region. He was a genuinely lovely bloke to talk to (I was quite young, but he was perfectly polite and friendly) and I met Clive Dunn (Dads Army) at a military parade, again when I was a youngster, and he was really nice and friendly.

Back
Top Bottom