Easy Cheesecake Recipe!

Soldato
Hey,

Made this yesterday as a pudding for the family and went down very well and so easy to make so thought I'd share:

For the base:

• 1 x 400g biscuits
  • 160g butter
I did have a problem with the base though since I never used anything like enough butter to help bind the biscuit base together so I have amended the recipe to include what should be a more suitable amount of butter.

Pop the biscuits in the bag and crush them with a rolling pin until they resemble how you’d like your boss to look after you’ve had your way with them and pop them into a bowl. Melt the butter and pour it over the top and mix together. Press this into your favourite tin – I used a a springform tin we have in the cupboard but I don’t know how big it is.

Once in the tin get it n the fridge for at least an hour and preferably longer!

For the topping:

• 200g dark chocolate melted
  • 500g Marscapone
  • 50g icing sugar
  • half a bottle of orange food flavouring
Quite a simple topping to make that starts with a pan of water and the chocolate sitting in a plastic bowl over the water – you may know it as a bain-marie and it allows the chocolate to melt nice and slowly and not get too hot.

Add the marscapone and stir together until it settles down to a uniform colour again and then add in the 50g of icing sugar to just give it that little bit of sweetness. Mix that all up once more and finally add the half bottle of orange flavouring – roughly 19ml – I just judged it by eye. Give it a final mix and the topping is ready!

Next remove the base from the fridge and pour the topping over and smooth it out to make it look better. Finally return it to the fridge and and leave it for as long as you can – this may be quite hard if you like cheesecake!

2011-09-23-20.39.04-300x225.jpg

Enjoy! :D

Back
Top Bottom