Refurb MBAs?

Soldato
Currently making do with an iPad and work laptop but beginning to find just having the iPad is a bit of a pain.

There are a couple of 13" MBAs on the refurb store that have caught my eye.

There's a 1.83 c2duo on there for £819 which seems a decent deal to me. Would only be using it for general browsing, emails and watching to odd movie/iplayer etc so would the fact it's got the old CPU be much of an issue and is it worth it?

Associate
Depends how much £300 means to you. The old spec one will be perfectly fine for your needs.

There will be hardly any difference in speed when browsing or emailing and even the 2010 model will feel lightening quick compared to your work laptop.

If the C2D was the latest and greatest you'd buy it and think WOW! Is the knowledge that there is a 2011 model worth £300?

This was written on a 2010 13" MBA by the way! :D

Soldato
If you can get the student discount too then the hit isn't so bad, especially with AppleCare warranty free..
For sure, around 14% with the free 3 year hardware warranty and 1 year phone support, compared to 90days phone and 1 year hardware.

Though mine for some reason on the website is only saying 90-1. Would think I have to activate it somehow?

Back
Top Bottom