*****Official Deus Ex 3: Human Revolution discussion thread*****

Soldato
theres a big difference between stealth and non-lethal.
and that video thats doing the rounds is on easy and the time to save her is doubled.

I did it non-lethal on Give Me Deus Ex difficulty. It's hard but doable.

You have to carry a tonne of energy food, the taser and the tranq gun. Basically when the cut scene finishes whack on the cloak and run round like a maniac tasering everyone. The videos online suggest using takedowns but they waste energy which kills the cloak then you get filled with lead. Then before the bot shows up pick up everyone on ground level and lob them into the corners of the map. Then EMP the bot as soon as it spawns. Mop up the guys in the towers using the tranq gun. Bob's your mother's brother.

The hardest bit is clearing the bodies quick enough before destroying the bot, if you leave the bot too long Malik dies.

Soldato
Yeah without the Tranq you will seriously struggle to save Malik going non-lethal. With gas grenades you might be able to give yourself some more time if you drop the 2 Heavy Rifle guys asap but there are quite a number of enemies positioned all over, requiring you to take very long routes.

The pistol is plenty powerful enough to do that. I think it can still 1 shot the heavies even by that point, its just a case of moving round to a forward position quickly to get in range.

Soldato
Just finished it.

Very simply. GOTY easily. This is the first game I have played in a long time that has captivated me storyline AND gameplay wise.

Absolutely loved it. Cannot wait for DE4 :D

DLC will have to make do until then!

Soldato
Looks like i just glitched the Ghost achievement. Towards the end of the game where you have to plant the C4 on the desk, i got all the way through the yard and through warehouse killing everything in site including the giant robot before realising i didn't pick up the C4 in the locker. Went back to get the C4, planted it on the desk and got the Ghost achievement.

I'm loving the game so far. Yes the hacking is tedious, i don't read any of the logs or emails, and i skip the cut scenes because i don't have a clue what's going on story wise, but everything else is top notch. I wish there was a quick drop button to drop unwanted weapons, and i wish the quicksave wouldn't play up when covering against a wall.

I'll be playing through it again next year sometime going a more stealth approach and hacking as little as possible.

Soldato
I did it non-lethal on Give Me Deus Ex difficulty. It's hard but doable.

You have to carry a tonne of energy food, the taser and the tranq gun. Basically when the cut scene finishes whack on the cloak and run round like a maniac tasering everyone. The videos online suggest using takedowns but they waste energy which kills the cloak then you get filled with lead. Then before the bot shows up pick up everyone on ground level and lob them into the corners of the map. Then EMP the bot as soon as it spawns. Mop up the guys in the towers using the tranq gun. Bob's your mother's brother.

The hardest bit is clearing the bodies quick enough before destroying the bot, if you leave the bot too long Malik dies.
I found the thing that takes the most work is preventing the barrels on the top right from spontaneously exploding and killing that one guy, and the same with the mech when it explodes.

Following the many uploaded videos, I found it easiest to run up the right hand side (on the shipping crate, to the walkway) -> stunning the first guy. Then there's one behind a pillar and one comes up the stairs - either double takedown or 1 stun 1 takedown depending on their position. Get down to the bottom and stun the heavy(ies)/troops at the back. The mech should now be active. Go back under the same walkway you came down and stun/takedown that one (two?) guy.

Unfortunately I had one heavy run round the back of the helicopter each time on several attempts so had to run behind to stun him.

EMP the mech, making sure there is enough distance from the knocked out troops and the one on the left side ground (behind the mech) - this guy was a pain; killed by the mech explosion several times from being too near.

Anyway after that guy is stunned the two snipers are easy (stun/takedown).

The challenge is deciding on a sequence and carrying it out as efficiently as possible.

Associate
I managed to save Malik on Give me Deus Ex non-lethal. I think i had a lot in energy and plenty of bars to eat so I cloaked, tasered, q'ed, emped and pepsed my way through. The problem I had was getting to the sniper before they did enough damage to destroy the vtol.

The foxiest of the hounds achievement was annoying as they didn't define it clearly enough. I got smooth operator everytime it was available but it's like including the prologue soldiers in pacifist which makes the first section take three times as long to accomplish.

I found it enjoyable enough though.

Soldato
Its defined fine its just that definition doesn't really translate well to actually going through the game. Not setting off an alarm system is fairly self explanatory, but with alarm systems not being included in all parts of the game and the term 'Alarmed' being used to describe an enemy that is actively searching for you it can be awkward.

Caporegime
non-lethal its pretty much imposs to save malik unless your on easy (and even then its tough) you literally have to let her die unfortunately.

not really took a few attempts on "give me deus ex" non lethal with only a stun gun (2 shots), tranq rifle (only a few rounds) and only 2 energy bars.

You just need to sort out your route/target order.

Associate
Its defined fine its just that definition doesn't really translate well to actually going through the game. Not setting off an alarm system is fairly self explanatory, but with alarm systems not being included in all parts of the game and the term 'Alarmed' being used to describe an enemy that is actively searching for you it can be awkward.

The thing is by the way they have defined it I should have recieved the achievement. It's completly pointless (especially when they have no effect on gameplay) but annoying when I don't get a achievement I 'earned'.

"The Witcher 2" had achievements that actually had an effect on the game steamworks one's seem to be worthless.

Soldato
Shamefully, I'm still not even done through my first playthrough yet, despite having game since release. Struggling to find the time when gaming doesn't cause annoyance for the other half. (Pitfalls of the PC in the living room)

Only just out of the Picus TV station... :| That boss fight was a bit grim. Didn't have much that could destroy her, only realised afterwards there were weapons dotted round the room in cupboards... Stun gun, stun gun, stun gun, stun gun *repeat for what seemed like an age* Victory!

Wish I wasn't a complete Deus Ex klepto, would probably have finished the game by now... I feel sad if I haven't raked through every drawer, read every e-mail and smashed every wall though. :(

Caporegime
Finished my 3rd run through and achieved Pacifist & Foxiest, thus getting 49/49 achievements. Annoyed because I did pacifist the first run through before they fixed the tranquiliser gun bug and so ended up killing someone :(.

Anyway sadly thats me done; I can't see me playing it through again, other than playing the DLC. Bloody tempted to reinstall Deus Ex with the high res texture pack though ;).

Back
Top Bottom