UEFA Champions League/Europa League 27/28/29 September *** Spoilers ***

Soldato
Tevez, you little ****. Disgraceful attitude. Even Balotelli would at least warm up.

Real lesson taught tonight, all is not lost. Had we lost to Napoli it would be but we have a home game next and NDJ will be back in as well as Balotelli?

They should just sack Mancini and make Tevez manager.

Soldato
Keep in mind you have no idea what actually happened, are you sure Tevez wasn't argueing because Mancini wanted to keep it at 2-0 while Dzeko, Zabaleta and Tevez all wanted to go for the win? I mean, if Mancini absolutely insisted on going for the draw/win, would he take Dzeko off, for De Jong? Would he not put Tevez on for him and shouldn't he have known by then he wasn't going to warm up and then decide to keep Dzeko on?

I can see either being true, a daft Sky reported watching from a distance I wouldn't trust for an accurate report on what happened. Certainly interesting though.
Neither do you.

Take Dzeko off for De Jong becaue we were getting destroyed in midfield and Dzeko wasn't doing a lot.

Mancini is going to explode in the changing room. Team in disarray at the moment. Hopefully Tevez is banned from training/playing and someone like Bunn takes 4th striker slot. He doesn't want it so why bother.

Associate
Keep in mind you have no idea what actually happened, are you sure Tevez wasn't argueing because Mancini wanted to keep it at 2-0 while Dzeko, Zabaleta and Tevez all wanted to go for the win? I mean, if Mancini absolutely insisted on going for the draw/win, would he take Dzeko off, for De Jong? Would he not put Tevez on for him and shouldn't he have known by then he wasn't going to warm up and then decide to keep Dzeko on?

I can see either being true, a daft Sky reported watching from a distance I wouldn't trust for an accurate report on what happened. Certainly interesting though.

If your boss tells you to do something you do it, Tevez is not the manager so its not for him to decide.

Caporegime
Quotes from Mancini.

"I cant accept that a player will not go in to the pitch..."

“He refused to come onto the pitch. It’s a bad situation.”

Soldato
It's been put up on the BBC webby so looks like he did actually refuse to come off the bench...

"Man Utd leave it late to rescue a draw with Basel while Bayern Munich outclass Man City in the Champions League with Carlos Tevez refusing to come off the bench, while Nottingham Forest are thumped in the Championship and Rangers beat Kilmarnock in the SPL."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/default.stm

Associate
I not comments about United missing players etc, esp the excellent Vidic, but tonight's defence as almost at full strength, and yet were given the run around by a very lively, but average Basel side.

Phil Jones, lauded all season, looked as comfortable as Phil Jupitus would've.

Soldato
Ohhh right, so De Jong came on because Tevez wouldn't? Is that what happened?

I was confused by the time between that sub and the contretemps actually being reported.

EDIT: Oh no, I see they've cleared it up now. He was going to brought on after. Basically he completely ****ed Mancini's plans up.

Associate
Second half at Munich was strange, Bayern could have really gone for the kill and embarrassed city but seemed happy to just pass the ball around. When Silva doesn't play it really shows, city looked helpless, I am not sure if they were just overly poor or Bayern were awesome?

Soldato
Second half at Munich was strange, Bayern could have really gone for the kill and embarrassed city but seemed happy to just pass the ball around. When Silva doesn't play it really shows, city looked helpless, I am not sure if they were just overly poor or Bayern were awesome?

Second half was definitely both. Bayern were awesome once they went 1-0 up, the second half was merely a formality for them, we just didn't turn up at all.

Looked very promising for the first 25/30 minutes however. Should have had a pen inside 3 minutes, another later on, we were passing and moving really quite well. We went forward, Bayern went forward, rinse repeat. Looked like the night could easily end out a 0-0 draw.

Then they scored, and we went to ****. Bayern were very good though. Ribery was beyond good.

Associate
I not comments about United missing players etc, esp the excellent Vidic, but tonight's defence as almost at full strength, and yet were given the run around by a very lively, but average Basel side.

Phil Jones, lauded all season, looked as comfortable as Phil Jupitus would've.

To be fair to the young lad (what 19?), it's his second game in the champions league, Basel play very different to any prem side, lot less physical all about movement etc. (all this was pointed out by G.Nev who is a decent commentator, who knew lol)

He has to gain this experiance.

Back
Top Bottom