Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I've come to the opinion that Battlelog is crack, multiplay servers are poor (ho ho no surprise there so stop playing on them!), chat window needs sorting out, recon's sensor needs a boost to its range, and all that "be advised" rubbish needs to go.

Game itself is a BC2 + MOH + Brink merge. All the classes barely stand out from each other now that some weaponry is available cross classes (recon with a pp-2000?).

Hopefully better coordination comes with commo rose as the Q spamming is still bad (however good that it doesn't spot through bushes).

The best bit is the scrubs that moan camper. I can understand if it's spawn camping, however since it is rush... I hope no one here needs that explained to them. :p

I want to know what this surprise that is to come.

Associate
For anyone wanting a performance reference from a more 'modest' rig:
Phenom 720BE @ 3.4Ghz (3 cores only), 4gig RAM, 6870 on AMD BF3 cats, Win7 64bit running at 1920x1080 running the beta at auto high settings (minus blur and HBAO) at 50-60fps with very little drop when it gets busy. Bear in mind the Alpha played very poorly on a 4870 before I upgraded, but doesn't seem like you need to be shelling out for anything above a 6870/560 for decent eye candy. That said, I imagine I'll be dropping some AA and shadow detail for 64 man servers.

Loving it so far, exactly what it says on the tin. Made me realise how much I've misses the heyday of BF2!

Soldato
I've come to the opinion that Battlelog is crack, multiplay servers are poor (ho ho no surprise there so stop playing on them!), chat window needs sorting out, recon's sensor needs a boost to its range, and all that "be advised" rubbish needs to go.

Game itself is a BC2 + MOH + Brink merge. All the classes barely stand out from each other now that some weaponry is available cross classes (recon with a pp-2000?).

Hopefully better coordination comes with commo rose as the Q spamming is still bad (however good that it doesn't spot through bushes).

The best bit is the scrubs that moan camper. I can understand if it's spawn camping, however since it is rush... I hope no one here needs that explained to them. :p

I want to know what this surprise that is to come.

Hopefully the ability to join a server on the first attempt.

Caporegime
I mean on the Ultra setting ;)

Although as stated I haven't seen any difference between low and ultra visually. The scenery and everything else looks more or less same at both settings

Trust me it doesn't, you need to set everythnig to low ingame then let the map reload into another game and you'll see the difference. or ideally, set everything to low, apply then quit out and join another server.

Soldato
Some of you must be doing it all wrong. I have been happily playing tonight in a party of seven, joining and leaving servers as we please, all as a group and nobody getting disconnected or timed out.

That includes one Irish and two Poles. Even the ingame voip is working really well.

Soldato
Trust me it doesn't, you need to set everythnig to low ingame then let the map reload into another game and you'll see the difference. or ideally, set everything to low, apply then quit out and join another server.

Would have been better if the visuals could change instantaneously, the moment we changed graphics settings

Soldato
Well, I'll be upgrading my card when the 7xxx series are out. I had to drop down to 1080p to get properly playable fps (was a bit juddery@ 1440p on my 5850@950/1200), and at the last stage I found some wildly jumping fps, although on the whole it was quite playable with a bit of AA and mostly ultra settings. I gotta say it does feel like an alpha release though. Hopefully more updates will smooth things out.

Really frustrating when you have a good round, loads of unlocks, then server times out and you lose it all. I've unlocked those scopes so many times now.

Associate
Surprised nobody but me has mentioned the complete lack of tesselation. The textures are - mostly - nice, but is the game even implementing dx11 in the beta? Check out the sandbags next time you're on the defending team. Shocking! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom