***** The Official Fifa 12 Thread *****

Man of Honour
Am I the only one that plays managermode lol?
Nope, I'm very much a career mode man, managing Everton and trying to get them to the top. Playing on World Class and it's definitely not as easy as Fifa 11, but I'm top of the league after 3 games and my VP is progressing nicely so I'm fairly happy. Sold Cahill for £13.5m as well which I was well happy with, not going to turn that down for an injury prone 31 year old, no matter how much I like him.

Soldato
Managed to squeeze in a couple of career mode games last night but couldn't connect to the EA servers once to check out UT, tried about 6 times in an hour and a half. :(

Loving Pennant's epic pace. Bought Sidney Sam from Leverkusen for about £8m for backup on either wing. He's even quicker, insane acceleration. :cool:

Man of Honour
Managed to squeeze in a couple of career mode games last night but couldn't connect to the EA servers once to check out UT, tried about 6 times in an hour and a half. :(

Loving Pennant's epic pace. Bought Sidney Sam from Leverkusen for about £8m for backup on either wing. He's even quicker, insane acceleration. :cool:
I bought Sidney Sam too, he's great. I already had great pace on the left wing with Drenthe (90 accel, 89 top speed), but no huge pace on the right, even though Coleman is fairly quick (low 80's for accel and sprint). I just wish I had more money as squad depth is Everton's main problem I think. The first 11 is fine, but seriously lacking in backup.

Oh, and I bought Bosingwa for £7.5m, as Everton pretty much have no decent right backs!

Soldato
Anyone else on UT have no player name bars at the bottom right/left? Tried everything but cannot get them on (only player name above player with ball will work from the settings).... seems to work fine in non UT games....

Soldato
Has everyone else found that Man City buy Sneijder every single time, for nearly 40mil?

yep, on the career, ive started the career twice, and theyve bought him.

it was the same as Bale and real madrid last year :p

i really want to buy aguero in UT but i dont want to pay 100k :(

Soldato
Nope, I'm very much a career mode man, managing Everton and trying to get them to the top. Playing on World Class and it's definitely not as easy as Fifa 11, but I'm top of the league after 3 games and my VP is progressing nicely so I'm fairly happy. Sold Cahill for £13.5m as well which I was well happy with, not going to turn that down for an injury prone 31 year old, no matter how much I like him.

Same, I love career mode. Started one with Man Utd, won a couple of friendlies, sold Carrick for £13m, bought Khedira for £12m, then got hammered by Man City in the Charity Shield! Why is Clichy so much faster than Nani..? Quite annoying. :(

Soldato
Hi,
I have just under 20k on PS3. But i am moving to Xbox. Want to trade your stuff for mine?

Going out after college today to get this game. Morrisons i think is my only real option.
Sounds good to me, I'll flog the lot on the Xbox and we can do some dodgy dealings. :)

Username is TheSpecialOffer on both consoles.

Soldato
Anyone else on UT have no player name bars at the bottom right/left? Tried everything but cannot get them on (only player name above player with ball will work from the settings).... seems to work fine in non UT games....

Must have been glitched, sorted itself out on the next game...

Associate
Got my copy this morning thought id be made up to have a new fifa but i just cant get on with this for some reason.

I'm usually a comfortable world class level player but ive had my ass handed to me now in several games it made me rage quit for the 1st time ever.

I played inter vs bayern and lost 7-1 :confused: ive never lost my that margin at all everything to CPU seems to do turns to gold literally and i just cant get going forward. I know Ive only had it a few hours and played a few games but i hope i get better at this. I thought i got over the learning curve in the demo and was actually not to bad but the full game :eek:

gonna go back now see if i enjoy it on professional level which im ashamed to do :p

Soldato
Went to Tesco this morning. They had a few PS3 copies in but none of them said special edition.

Does it have to be special edition to get your free UT packs?

Soldato
i just cant put chances away atm, its getting annoying as hell, against teams pretty much **** compared to mine, keepers saving nothing, literaly...

example..
statsko.jpg

had about 3 games like that now, i just sit back when they score and just think seriously....

buying a new keeper but i dont think that will help tbh, and hernandez upfront isnt the best :(.

Last edited:
Associate
anyone else seeing the AI using the same old trick over and over again... they play it into the winger you contain with the full back but the CPU team mate in the middle just watches the mf move into a small bit of space he then gets the ball back from the winger and slots it past your full back for him to run onto. Its so simple but they keep doing it over and over again ?

Any advice ?

Soldato
i just cant put chances away atm, its getting annoying as hell, against teams pretty much **** compared to mine, keepers saving nothing, literaly...

example..
statsko.jpg

had about 3 games like that now, i just sit back when they score and just think seriously....

buying a new keeper but i dont think that will help tbh, and hernandez upfront isnt the best :(.

Decent cheap striker is Lukaku, his pace and strength is crazy for his rating and price. Bargain to be had.

Back
Top Bottom