Looking at getting a new phone for up to £150

Associate
I am after buying a new phone, probably pay as you go, as I might get a giffgaff simcard, I would like it to have a decent camera, wifi/3g and probably android as I've heard good things about it.

One phone I have seen is:
http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mo...E-2/PPAY&clearance=false#rdOverviewContentTab

Which looks like a good deal, but I dont think it is android based.

What are some of the best smartphones for up to £150?

I have looked at some HTC's and I like the look of them and they are good spec, but the massive range confuses me :D and they are a bit out of my budget.

Associate
I am also interested in this (bump) moving to giffgaff as well.

£10 per month, 250 mins, unlimt text, unlimt data. no contract. Sounds good to me.

I was temped by a SGS2 on tmobile, 300 min, 300 text, 500mb download + free web, for £15.32 per month + around £170 for phone after cashback, but it was a 24 month contract, which I dont like the sound of, plus I hear good and bad about tmobile- but mostly bad.

So I've decided on GiffGaff £10 deals plus a £150 phone. So far I have considered:
Orange Monte Carlo (£150)
Acer Liquid Metal (£140)
Samsung Galaxy Ace (£150)

Thoughts/ suggestions please?

Associate
I did consider the Wildfire S, but its processor is only 600Mhz.
The acer has a better screen res, faster CPU, but the HTC will have better build quality.

I think ill wait until the iphone 5 is released and a few more of the dual core phones in October, then hopefully the single core phones will drop a bit in price.

Soldato
I am after buying a new phone, probably pay as you go, as I might get a giffgaff simcard, I would like it to have a decent camera, wifi/3g and probably android as I've heard good things about it.

One phone I have seen is:
http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mo...E-2/PPAY&clearance=false#rdOverviewContentTab

Which looks like a good deal, but I dont think it is android based.

What are some of the best smartphones for up to £150?

I have looked at some HTC's and I like the look of them and they are good spec, but the massive range confuses me :D and they are a bit out of my budget.

Hahahah, I have this phone.

Bought it a week ago.

Fab phone, not that many apps, but the camera is really good and the battery life is very good much better than most android handsets.

AMG

AMG

Soldato
it depends what you want. certinly some decent andoird phones <£200 if you can spend that is.

the wildfire S is a good phone, but its under powered imo got a few samsungs in that in the same boat

if you want a fast phone, than a SE Xpiera ( my spelling is bad) mini its £150 from cpw and its got a faster CPU than the wildfire S but smaller screen I think the screen res is the same. I just like being different, and its certinly worth a look

Back
Top Bottom