New Syndicate to be an FPS

Soldato
I was never a massive Syndicate fan, but it did have a certain something that kept me playing, so when I saw the headline over on bit-tech my first though was a resigned 'Oh god...'. :(

Another
FPS. Thanks EA. :rolleyes: Finger on the pulse as usual. That's exactly what the PC gaming community needs.

Caporegime
A brief story on The Official Xbox Magazine offers some tidbits from their upcoming issue 78 on the just-announced Syndicate reinvention, focusing on the game's new first-person shooter approach. "It was always going to be an FPS," Starbreeze game director Neil McEwan tells them. "The original nub of the idea was to take that viewpoint from the original game and zoom into the Agent's head, and play that part. A closer experience - to become one of those Agents."

In spite of the genre change, he still feels they can be true to the original. "We're big fans of the original Syndicate, and we're definitely paying as much homage to it as we can - bringing across the essence of the world, the core essence of what it is to be an Agent," he explains. "That sounds ***** but it's true - we're taking the Persuadatron and evolving it in different ways, the weapons and brutality. On both facets of the game, the co-op and the single player, it's very key to stay true to it." He also offers this reassurance for disgruntled Bullfrog fans: "I think the game speaks for itself. We've been very lucky to work with a great, original world, and create another facet of it really. I would love them to like it. You're never going to please everyone."

Associate
Looks not bad. Isn't Syndicate.

Also looks like they outsourced the character modelling to the same guys Eidos Montreal outsourced the DX3 modelling to. Probably not the case though.

Associate
Well that looks like just another generic FPS, with a Syndicate label stuck on it.

Couldnt agree more. The guy in the video knew the comparison would be made with Deus Ex HR so he said it was more of a shooter than the RPG style Deus EX.

He didnt mean to dumb it down but thats what the game appears to be. A dumbed down Deus Ex.

Could be a decent FPS but Syndicate only in name. Co-op could be its only hope to distinguish itself from the overcrowded FPS market.

Soldato
Maybe they wanted to do a Deus Ex style game and used the Syndicate brand as a means of avoiding a lawsuit, whilst also appealing to the old school crowd. Was a fan of the original and I know this looks nothing like it, but it could still be good. If this is successful there's a much greater chance of there being some proper Syndicate games too.

Back
Top Bottom