Forza 4

Associate
Just tried the demo last night, I loved Forza 3 - I sold that a while back with the wireless MS wheel.

Is microsoft no longer doing a wheel for the 360?

Soldato
Just remembered my best money making ploy in FM3, which I'll re-do in FM4.

1. Make a 'Tesco Value' vinyl and sell it.
2. Make a 'Tesco Value 911' design on a Boxster and sell it.

IIRC that made me about 1m credits last time :D

awesome :D

Associate
The Ferrari 458 rivals mode is annoying me so much, nearly every lap the AI ruins a racing line by getting in the way or they force me to go off and get a dirty lap just outside the clean lap margins.

I managed to get into the 1:23's yesterday after getting a clean lap... up until the last corner when I tapped the wall a little. :mad: :p Getting a fast clean lap without something happening is going to be a challenge. :o

Loving how this game sounds I must admit, I'm addicted to the 458's engine note. :cool:

Soldato
Just remembered my best money making ploy in FM3, which I'll re-do in FM4.

1. Make a 'Tesco Value' vinyl and sell it.
2. Make a 'Tesco Value 911' design on a Boxster and sell it.

IIRC that made me about 1m credits last time :D

or you could use my method if you suck at painting

1. at your very first opportunity, make a resonable tune in R1 class
2. go to a track that is popular enough to be liked by people, but doesnt have that many times
3. get the #1 time
4. quickly sell the tune with the title #1 at xxx track

over two years i have made over 20 mil off of my peugeot R1 car because i got a #1 time round suzuka in it, 12mil off of my mazda R1 car because of a #1 time round le mans old and ~5mil off of my acura R1 car because i got a bunch of top 10s and it was actually a pretty decent tune

i just hope i can get in there early enough to do it this time, because i dont have the weeks advantage over the americans because of an earlier UK release and an even earlier release from the etailer i went with because of the postal strike

Soldato
or you could use my method if you suck at painting

1. at your very first opportunity, make a resonable tune in R1 class
2. go to a track that is popular enough to be liked by people, but doesnt have that many times
3. get the #1 time
4. quickly sell the tune with the title #1 at xxx track

over two years i have made over 20 mil off of my peugeot R1 car because i got a #1 time round suzuka in it, 12mil off of my mazda R1 car because of a #1 time round le mans old and ~5mil off of my acura R1 car because i got a bunch of top 10s and it was actually a pretty decent tune

i just hope i can get in there early enough to do it this time, because i dont have the weeks advantage over the americans because of an earlier UK release and an even earlier release from the etailer i went with because of the postal strike

It's the same with the liveries. Even though I had a couple of best selling replica designs in FM3, people are going to be able to throw out crapper versions so fast now in FM4, and it will probably be impossible to catch up.

Soldato
I miss my easy way of making cash in Forza2, back when completing the SP gave discounts off of car prices.

I'd sell Ferraris and Lambos at a profit over the discounted rate I could buy them at, for slightly less than the full price. No effort required!

Can't wait till tomorrow when I can try the demo as a non-gold member. (Gold sub getting posted soon!)

Caporegime
I thought liveries could be transferred from FM3 into FM4, so unless the car models are radically different, there should be scope for transferring your liveries and selling them.

Of course, this will only help where you're selling to people who are new to FM4, and for cars that are in both games.

Soldato
I thought liveries could be transferred from FM3 into FM4, so unless the car models are radically different, there should be scope for transferring your liveries and selling them.
Only vinyl groups can be taken accross, not liveries.

IIRC this is because the normals for mappings have changed on all the models given the new lighting model, plus they are a marginally higher res than before.

Soldato

Of course, this will only help where you're selling to people who are new to FM4, and for cars that are in both games.

The Americans have a 3 day head start on us though, and anyone buying a paint usually goes for the best selling one, even if it's not as good a replica as others.

Caporegime
The Americans have a 3 day head start on us though, and anyone buying a paint usually goes for the best selling one, even if it's not as good a replica as others.

This is true...

Might have to go for things that'll appeal to the UK folk, like the Tesco Value idea above, though obviously that's not in line with your ideas of replicating the liveries of actual racing cars.

Soldato
I'd like to have a go at skin designing this time round. Never had enough cash in FM3.

Could just try something simple like the black decals on Bumble Bee. (Unless they are in the game by default and if the Camaro is in there!)

Soldato
Soldato
Nice one. My finger is hovering over that buy button.

My finger has been hovering over there ever since Forza 3 - I regretted not having a wheel for that game given the hours I put in, I figure even if I don't use it that much, I can always ebay it and get a decent return! Just hope it arrives on time for next weekend.

Had a quick blast on the demo last night, love it. Somehow feels better than FM3, and I'm loving the engine/exhaust sounds! Can't wait now, I might just ditch BF3, I don't have time for that as well!

Caporegime
Can someone PLEASE explain to me why you get a warning when you draft? I thought that is a crucial point of motorsports? Especially at the higher end of the classes R2 etc!

It makes zero sense to me!

Edit - Just realised how much my xbox wheel is worth on ebay! I got free of a mate for a lift to the airport! I am tempted to give him it back and let him know!

Back
Top Bottom